City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

If someone starts a thread and asks a question are we not allowed to reply with our thoughts or should we ask you first for yours so we can all agree with you.
We've just won the treble, we have the best owner in the WORLD, they are now spending ANOTHER 300 million on the ground, never mind what else they have done and people STILL MOAN !!! It's fucking unbelievable...get back in your box Meldrew...

The pictures posted here…

…are a good way to show how it was all a bit ‘the wrong way round’, at CitySq.

Summerbees and the food area would be packed and too small to house everyone who wanted to stand and sit there yet there’d be this gigantic open space that would often be sparsely populated like those pictures^
I used to like Summerbee’s when it was ordinary bitter… but it also became uncomfortable when they seemed to change the sound system and pump up the volume… and do that flavoured drink I could never work out what it was. Also they used to have proper bar staff and then replaced them with human can openers.

The whole City Square experience should be better than it is. It’s nice when to luxuriate watching the highlights waiting for the tram queue to die down a bit, and do a post-match analysis after the game, but it seems all the expense was spend on the stage, rather than the fan space.

Good it’s getting a revamp and brought up to date. Loved it when it first opened and still love the campus feel that is a good model for any club. A pity there aren’t more local boozers. I am a fan of The Grove Inn before or after, depending on kick off time.

The cheaper end of hospitality is still expensive for most, or the occasional treat, but they fill it and cater for as many different tastes as they can.

There are so many fan parks now and good big venues in Manchester to understand what works and what doesn’t. Generally I think they should keep it simple, as long as we don’t end up with an area where people throw pints in celebration like at overexcited England Fan Parks.

I can’t think of a ground in this country where they do it better, but room for improvement from City. I would give it a C+ and look forward to some improvement in the future.

I never really took any notice of it. It was just something I walked past to get into the ground. Good for people who want that sort of thing pre match, but I won't notice that it's gone to be honest.

it was a good meeting point. the bar areas just needed to be way bigger, should've been easier to get pints and it needed more cover. think the new one will be quite good, at least I hope so lol

What ever we thought of it nearly every other team in the prem tried to come up with a shite version of it ,so I guess it was kind of visionary

What ever we thought of it nearly every other team in the prem tried to come up with a shite version of it ,so I guess it was kind of visionary
feel that might have been down to fact that at the time alcohol was not permitted to be sold in stadiums for UEFA competitions and City found a market in which they could sell alcohol outside the stadium with City square

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.