City target Bilbao's Ander Herrera

Dax777 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Thought javi Martinez was the top midfielder there? Not seen enough of either myself
Martinez wasn;t even a midfielder this year. And they are really good as a team and not individuals. Herrera is one of the most skilled of the midfielders. And he has that engine and hustle. He was a starter on their U21 team last year. And he is really intelligent and Spanish technique is topnotch (As if the Spanaids make em any other way :P). Very good player to get. He is in the Silva, Nasri mode.

-- Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:53 pm --

FantasyIreland said:
Tolmie mentioned this earlier today.

Sounds like a dj replacement.
Probably not. He is more of a CM?AM/WM and not a DM

he's a tvam,gmtv,gmpte type of player.

I have never seen him play, well I might have but didn't take any notice of him having my eyes set on young mr Munian and mighty Martinez.

But based on a few YT clips I can't really say he looks like the type of player we are in need of, other than as a good squad addition.
If maybe Milner decided to leave I can see Herrera coming in to fill the gap.

He doesn't seem the have the defensive qualities of Barry and even further from De Jong, which rules him out as a DM compliment, so I don't really see where he'd play.

The best formation with our current squad for us in my opinion, looks very much like what we saw against Norwich.

----Kompany------Lescott------
Richards-------------------Clichy
-------------D Jong---------------
-----Yaya-------------Barry------
------------------------------------
--------------Tevez---------------
--Silva--------------------Nasri--
-------------Aguero--------------

So the question is which areas needs strengthening in order to make us even better? It's not about who one likes or not, it simply a question of quality.
The first, and really the only obvious position which draws attention, is Nigels; a DM. So a centre midfielder with defensive responsibilities must be brought in. Players such as De Rossi, Xabi Alonso, Yann M'vila or Javi Martinez would be an upgrade on Nigel given how we play the game.
Herrera doesn't look good enough to me to push any of the above away from the starting XI.

Matt the Giant said:
I have never seen him play, well I might have but didn't take any notice of him having my eyes set on young mr Munian and mighty Martinez.

But based on a few YT clips I can't really say he looks like the type of player we are in need of, other than as a good squad addition.

He doesn't seem the have the defensive qualities of Barry and even further from De Jong, which rules him out as a DM compliment, so I don't really see where he'd play.

The best formation with our current squad for us in my opinion, looks very much like what we saw against Norwich.

So the question is which areas needs strengthening in order to make us even better? It's not about who one likes or not, it simply a question of quality.
The first, and really the only obvious position which draws attention, is Nigels; a DM. So a centre midfielder with defensive responsibilities must be brought in. Players such as De Rossi, Xabi Alonso, Yann M'vila or Javi Martinez would be an upgrade on Nigel given how we play the game.
Herrera doesn't look good enough to me to push any of the above away from the starting XI.

we would have beat norwich 15-1 with 12 players ;)

KingofDraw said:
Matt the Giant said:

we would have beat norwich 15-1 with 12 players ;)

No... still just 11. - I just don't think we need a goalie. :)

My mistake.
A midfield of two I meant, like against Norwich; One more defence-oriented and the other more of a b2b.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 am --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
A top, top player.

Have you seen a lot of him Tolm?

FantasyIreland said:
How about......

Richards-Lescott-Komps-Clichy
--------------Yaya----------------
--------Hererra----Silva-----------
---Aguero---Tevez---Lavezzi---
Same deal. Will worl. But I think Nasri is still (or at least will be a better player for now).

he only signed for them at the beginning of this year, surely they wouldn't want to get rid of him so soon?

Ell-ano said:
he only signed for them at the beginning of this year, surely they wouldn't want to get rid of him so soon?

As ever,money talks.....

I don't think a club like Bilbao could turn down our cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.