City the best value for money this season

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
I did some analysis for an article in today's Daisy Cutter to work out which club has offered the best value for money this season.
City stormed it.

Now I realise some of you pay a huge amount for your season tickets and I also appreciate that there's an awful lot more to football than simply seeing goals scored by your team but after compiling the cheapest season tickets available pre-season for every club and totting up the goals scored by those clubs then it's possible for each City goal at the Etihad this term to have cost you just £3.40.
Whereas for Liverpool fans....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04/the-best-value-for-money-premier-league-clubs-this-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04 ... is-season/</a>

jonmcfc said:
I think you`ve counted away goals too.What is it with just home goals?

Bollocks!!!!!!!!! Hopefully not many people will notice. Will change it now.

Okay, here is the proper version done correctly. In my Radio 1 voice I can state that Fulham and West Brom are the only big movers.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04/the-best-value-for-money-premier-league-clubs-this-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/04 ... is-season/</a>

I know it isn't serious but this sort of 'stat' annoys me as it is related to a bullshit argument regularly brought up by people defending ever rising prices.

For the past few seasons we had had legions of fans taking it as some sort of badge of honour that the price of their ticket has gone up. Wonking themselves silly whilst shouting "you have to expect to pay big money to watch the football we are playing".

Well, guess what, I want to watch Manchester City. And that is true whether they are top of the league or the shitest team around. The only way that "we are playing well so it's worth it" or "we score more goals per pound" as anything even approaching an argument to justify ticket prices is if you are a fickle, shallow twat whose decision as to whether they want to watch City is based on success and not the fact that they are a genuine fan of the team.

Sorry for the rant but I expect this bullshit argument to be brought out again when the new ticket prices are announced and the same dicks will no doubt jump on these stats too whilst gleefully telling their impotent mates that they are paying a shit load for their ticket.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I know it isn't serious but this sort of 'stat' annoys me as it is related to a bullshit argument regularly brought up by people defending ever rising prices.

For the past few seasons we had had legions of fans taking it as some sort of badge of honour that the price of their ticket has gone up. Wonking themselves silly whilst shouting "you have to expect to pay big money to watch the football we are playing".

Well, guess what, I want to watch Manchester City. And that is true whether they are top of the league or the shitest team around. The only way that "we are playing well so it's worth it" or "we score more goals per pound" as anything even approaching an argument to justify ticket prices is if you are a fickle, shallow twat whose decision as to whether they want to watch City is based on success and not the fact that they are a genuine fan of the team.

Sorry for the rant but I expect this bullshit argument to be brought out again when the new ticket prices are announced and the same dicks will no doubt jump on these stats too whilst gleefully telling their impotent mates that they are paying a shit load for their ticket.
here here !!!

Agree in principle JMA but to suggest that these stats have little merit is wrong IMO (then again I'm bound to say that after having compiled this one)
It is only if any great significance is attached to them that I think your point applies.

I watch City no matter what irrespective of the quality of the football on offer. It's a compulsion and a need. But so is owning a car for example and if someone has a similar model to mine bought from the same garage I think I'm entitled to be interested in how much they paid for theirs and how well theirs is running in comparison to mine.

It's something of interest rather than stats to determine a future commercial decision.

If City were bottom of this table we'd all still go....we'd just moan more.

£260 were those value ones, and there were not very many available.

It would be better taking the median price paid.

Corky said:
£260 were those value ones, and there were not very many available.

It would be better taking the median price paid.

Agree with that Corky and that's what the guy who did last season's figures did.

Unfortunately I couldnt find a reputable site that had such figures. The site the guy used last season was flawed and he got angry tweets from Bolton fans in particular ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.