City, the saviours of English Football?

Dodge

Just watching the Brentford and Spuds teams trotting out with a grand total of THREE English players in the 22 starters, only one from North London.

Our strongest 11 has FOUR England STARTERS, maybe 7 who would make waistcoats squad. Our academy is developing the next generation of English talent. Our ladies team has always formed the backbone of our national team.

With slabhead leaving the swamp, the Rags provide 3 at best. The scousers maybe 2. The Tarquins, with the signing of Rice, just the 2. Chavski, depending on whoever comes through the revolving door, maybe Sterling and Reece James?

I remember a gleeful MartinTyler once proclaiming, as City walked out for a Derby match "here come City without a single Mancunian in the team, in fact not a single Englishman".

No club seems to get called out for it anymore. No-one questions the lack of English players in the so-called big 6. No journalists seem to give a flying fuck.

I wonder why that is?

“There is nothing English about City.” Simon Jordan. (Who else?)
5 City players were in the England squad the next week: Philips, Foden, Stones, Walker, Grealish. With those five plus Lewis, McAtee and Palmer City are well stocked with Englishmen.

City try to have around 33% local and 33% British players in every Academy team.

Just watching the Brentford and Spuds teams trotting out with a grand total of THREE English players in the 22 starters, only one from North London.

Our strongest 11 has FOUR England STARTERS, maybe 7 who would make waistcoats squad. Our academy is developing the next generation of English talent. Our ladies team has always formed the backbone of our national team.

With slabhead leaving the swamp, the Rags provide 3 at best. The scousers maybe 2. The Tarquins, with the signing of Rice, just the 2. Chavski, depending on whoever comes through the revolving door, maybe Sterling and Reece James?

I remember a gleeful MartinTyler once proclaiming, as City walked out for a Derby match "here come City without a single Mancunian in the team, in fact not a single Englishman".

No club seems to get called out for it anymore. No-one questions the lack of English players in the so-called big 6. No journalists seem to give a flying fuck.

I wonder why that is?
Chelsea: Chillwell, Colwell, James and Sterling?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.