City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

I'm def getting tickets for Gladbach so i can BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I can not believe they are actually charging us for this! Ha, fantastic!

I didn't make last night as having just bought a new gaff I'm pretty skint. I also thought the boo'ing of the anthem by our fans had become small time and embarrassing, but you can bet your arse that I'll be digging deep to get to the monchengladbach game and boo my fucking heart out (and then obviously get right behind the team). This could give the atmosphere a real kick start that day. It'd be brilliant if something like this is what finally captures our imagination for the champions league!

its nearly as bad as when Hulk tried to get us done for singing songs about him

Although this is from 2013, it's there on page 13:

However, all associations and clubs are liable for the following inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives even if they can prove the absence of any negligence in relation to the organisation of the match: a) the invasion or attempted invasion of the field of play; b) the throwing of objects; c) the lighting of fireworks or any other objects; d) the use of laser pointers or similar electronic devices; e) the use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature; f) acts of damage; g) the disruption of national or competition anthems; h) any other lack of order or discipline observed inside or around the stadium.
It's backs to the pitch time versus Munchen Gladback for me.

http://www.ecaeurope.com/Legal/UEFA Documents/2013_0241_Disciplinary Regulations 2013.pdf

Don't really see how we will be able to fight it tbh...
If the booing noise is deemed as "disruption" then we could ask EUFA what they accept as legitimate democratic protest in a stadium in the European Union..............or we just change strategy and do a silent Poznan without the jumping in all parts of the ground when the anthem is played.
FFS as if EUFA and FIFA haven't got enough to do getting their houses in order!

Last edited:
I think it is really good that this has been given some attention
City fans have a massive issue that UEFA have treated our club unfairly and now every one is talking about it.

Even if they could fine the Club, Which of course they can't even European courts back freedom of speech, the fans could just protest by staying in the stands until the Anthem had finished Imagine how good that would look on TV and the amount of Press it would receive.

By blinking first UEFA have lost this battle to City and it's fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.