City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

Great news this. UEFA look petty, vindictive and dictatorial and blocking freedom of expression. We receive favourable press coverage and the Press have another stick to beat this corrupt organisation with.

Hopefully the fine will be much bigger than those for racial abuse of players, further highlighting UEFAs lack of response to racism and further demonstrating how unfit they are to administrate the beautiful game. Hopefully Platini will become embroiled in this damaging his leadership credentials

Surely it's contentious attempting to define what actually constitutes "disrupting" an anthem.... if fans are signing Bluemoon, is that disruption? and what if everyone was playing a Kazoo? or if everyone dropped their keks? is that disruption?

That wouldn't half make some noise fans signing Blue Moon!! (Sorry couldn't resist it, I had a vision of the 4 sides of the stadium with all our fans standing signing Blue Moon!! :-) )

The club need to say to UEFA "Pay compensation to the fans you cheated out of money by banning them from watching their team in Moscow and the booing will stop."

The club needs to say to UEFA "Right, we've put up with just about enough of your bullshit, you want to come after us, lets do this, we'll wipe the fucking floor with you".

UEFA's response to the booing of the Champion's League anthem is a perfect demonstration of why the booing is taking place in the first instance. Over bloated, self important, above criticism, false belief that they are paragons of virtue. Someone has to take UEFA to task sooner or later, I hope to Christ this is the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as City are concerned and we go on the offensive.

The club needs to say to UEFA "Right, we've put up with just about enough of your bullshit, you want to come after us, lets do this, we'll wipe the fucking floor with you".

Kiev charged for crowd trouble against Olympiakos, let's see who gets the heavier punishment.

They should sue UEFA to recover the money our fans lost through being banned from attending the Moscow game, on the grounds that it wasn't them who were being punished.

I don't think even UEFA are stupid enough to take this further. But I accept I could well be wrong on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.