City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

This will be the best thing that has ever happened to us in Europe tbh. The booing was fairly half arsed in my view and in all honesty counterproductive it did more harm to the atmosphere and the players than it did to UEFA. I always thought all we were doing was harming ourselves - most fans thought it was us being small time and not CSKA and UEFA had barely noticed.

Now the booing will become 10X louder, it will become a rallying call to players and can boost the atmosphere, it will get copied elsewhere to a lesser extent and I think it can fire up the club, the fans and the message that UEFA were trying to keep quiet will be across the media.

I reckon this could give us the circuit break on atmosphere we needed and could get us support elsewhere we didn't have

Thanks UEFA

Good point the booing has not helped and it was getting to the point where the fans where spilt on it, no-one will mind the booing now.

I'm interested in the clubs response they could ask the fans to not boo and respect the anthem, probably phased a lot more PR heavy or they can decline to comment. It would be very hard for them to stick up for the fans without causing more issues with UEFA, so would take silence as a green light from the owner.

This! When someone mentioned this to me at work I thought April 1st had come early.

I'm not sure whether UEFA (or indeed FIFA) would come under the somewhat restrictive definition of 'public' body here; nor would an individual be fined (but the club).

Its almost comedy on UEFAs part though...

An organisation that is undeniably corrupt, blatant by the way its seedings work, the investigations it chooses to conduct, the way it hands out fines and to anyone who's ever watched the matches.

A corrupt organisation that places making money as its highest priority.

A corrupt organisation that places higher fines on a club who turns up 2 minutes late for the second half than a club who's fans are monkey chanting and gesturing at black players.

A corrupt organisation that imposes a blanket ban on away fans then allows external organisations to sell package deals to away fans. Even its own sponsors sold tickets on the black market.

A corrupt organisation that imposes a behind closed doors ban for a match and then allows its sponsors to sell tickets to home fans.

A corrupt organisation that is now attacking the most basic of human rights, free speech because its making them look bad.

Fuck em. If you're going against MGB get there early, if you haven't got a ticket and you can make it happen get there. Make sure when that anthem hits your back is turned and you boo like its a Gillingham penalty.

They know nothing of fair play, they don't care about any sort of anti 'ism, they only care about lining their own pockets and the pockets of their equally corrupt mates. Laughing at the club they just fined £50 mill as they sit there eating food and drinking wine that's a monthly wage, all complimentary of course because they fucking said so. They are the epitome (thanks Damo for the online spell check, I thought it was a Y, and congrats to you and yours, and thanks Blues for teaching me that even in the angriest moments you always need to inject a bit of humour) of everything that's wrong in this world, greedy greedy cunts twisting what should be the pinnacle of European club football, a gathering of the most talented people in a game played at a level that should make people proud of their team and they've turned it a fucking cash machine for an old boys club.

This is our competition, these cunts just stole it so they could rape money left, right and centre from daft bastards like us who spend stupid amounts of money that we haven't really got because we love and support our team. Not just Blues, fans of all team, even rags. They are an infestation that needs a light shining on them and fucking off so the game can get back to what its meant to be, a game of football played for bragging rights to see who was the best over 90 minutes.

Its not life or death, its not 'important' but because of the feelings and spirit it creates, the togetherness it brings even at times between opposing fans, it generates money. Lots and lots of money and these twats are exploiting those feelings and that togetherness to add another few 000's into a bank balance that's already fucking obscene.

Right now that shining light is us booing the shit out of their anthem, their fragile ego's cant handle the fact we know what they are and we'll fucking say it. They think threatening us with sanctions will dull our spirit or quiet our voice, they misunderstand. We fight to the end isn't the bullshit cheese the club has tried to spin, its an ethos handed down from every fan to every player. Its every shit result we managed to turn around, Gillingham, Blackburn, Tottenham, both Titles, when shits going wrong you fight to turn it around. You cant always do it and if the better team on the day isn't you then so be it, as long as you try that's what important.

Its not all about winning its about holding your head high because you did your best. This competition should be about the best players in the world doing just that, the same ethos that every fan of every team has, do your best, do us proud. But its not is it, its become about getting a free lunch and fiddling your expenses.

Enough's enough, fuck em up Blues.

This post is brought to you by the only red allowed in my life, a £5.99 bottle of Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon. A bottle Platini and UEFA wouldn't even know existed. If you made it this far, sorry for the long read!
Post of the thread

Anyone else get the feeling this is the turning point for us in the CL? I can see a galvanising of our attitude and if the club back us then we really will be 'together'.

The place will be rocking for the BMG game after this and that can only be a good thing that will be rewarded with a good win and performance.
Exactly what I said - it is gold, even FFP has done us far more good than bad as it created the need for academy, football group, accelerated spend, aggressive commercial growth etc. Truth is every time UEFA try to hurt us it seems to do us good - clowns

Anyone else get the feeling this is the turning point for us in the CL? I can see a galvanising of our attitude and if the club back us then we really will be 'together'.

The place will be rocking for the BMG game after this and that can only be a good thing that will be rewarded with a good win and performance.
Here's an idea, Free tickets for the BMG game. Market it from the club as a thank you for support.

Pack the place to the rafters, one condition. Make the place shake when the CL anthem is being played. The media will be all over the BMG game to see what happens and this is a perfect time to really make the noise

Just tell them we were not booing but chanting Bony in our own way, boooooooooooooooooo ny

Oh, and to those saying they're worried about our owners not wanting the fans rocking the boat, I make this promise:

The day that the custodians of my club, whoever they are and however benevolent they have been, tell me to shut up and accept corruption and oppression from anybody, is the day that I'll be finished with the club! I'd rather follow my club in the depths of the Second Division again (or worse), with no money and no hope, than be cowered into accepting the unacceptable in exchange for transitory success.

The club have to back the fans on this one, and they will! Stop being so fucking soft!
Best post ever!

Can see TV companies being ordered to switch in a canned soundtrack with the live video at the next match when we start booing

I think 1894 group should get some banners made up with appropriate Anti-UEFA Slogans just in case :-)

We should all do the Poznan during the CL "National Anthem" whilst booing loudly, follow this up with a few renditions of "We'll boo when we want" and then when we win in the final get Vinnie to launch the trophy off the top of the fucking stand!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.