City to buy feeder club?

I could gave sworn we already had a deal with Aston Villa.....

I think that this is unlikely at least in the short term. The Glazers are simply refusing to sell.

we already have appx 7 feeder clubs around europe, asia and africa.

* England Chester City
* Thailand Chonburi FC
* Switzerland Grasshopper-Club Zürich
* Australia Perth Glory
* People's Republic of China Shanghai Shenhua
* Portugal Sporting Lisbon
* South Africa Thanda Royal Zulu

shadygiz said:

* England Chester City
* Thailand Chonburi FC
* Australia Perth Glory

Not owned though, that was just a co-operative agreement made under Shinawatra. Also, it's highly likely that that agreement fell through when he left, though I am loathe to remove it from Wikipedia.

Falastur said:
shadygiz said:

* England Chester City
* Thailand Chonburi FC
* Australia Perth Glory

Not owned though, that was just a co-operative agreement made under Shinawatra. Also, it's highly likely that that agreement fell through when he left, though I am loathe to remove it from Wikipedia.

i thought fifa rules stopped the owning of feeder clubs due to "conflict of interest"

Hmmm. Possibly, though I hadn't heard about it. For a start there's a number of existing wholly-owned clubs they'd have had to force apart - Sheffield United owns Ferencvaros in Hungary, for instance, plus Chengdu Blades in China, and Ajax have a team in South Africa, and these aren't ownerships that have been done away with, so if they did ban them then they've got some double-standards. Also we almost bidded to buy a Belgian team last year so there has to be some scope for it.

Of course, I am open to being proven wrong if you have a link?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.