City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiscoSteve said:
moggymoz said:
Marvin said:
I think the angle of the bottom tier is being altered. I don't know that for sure....just from what I have seen on here. Should help make the ground a bit tighter and more intimidating for the opposition

That is 100% correct...
That is 100% incorrect actually - detail off how they're going to it is in the planning docs - the three new rows will be lower than the existing rows whose rake will not change

[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/3NewRows.jpg[/bigimg]
So the pitch will be lowered again?

Shaelumstash said:
I know it's already been covered, but as many have mentioned the extra revenue for FFP, I was looking at the increase in our match day income after the expansion.

If we got for the smaller 6k increase, based on £30 a ticket and average spend of £5 per head on food / drink that would equate to:
£210,000 extra a game
£5.25m a season based on 25 home games

If we went for 12,000 it would obviously be double, so:
£410,000 a game
£10.5m a season based on 25 home games.

Every little helps towards FFP, but I don't think that will make up the shortfall in our match day income to catch up with the likes of The Shite / Arsenal / Chelsea.

Match day makes up 30% of their income, and only 10% of ours, so we've got a long way to go to catch them up.

Reading between the lines, with giving existing SC holders the opportunity to move to the new seats, I would imagine there are plans to make the middle tier even more high end than it is now.

I appreciate it is more expensive there than other parts of the stadium, but I would think they are looking at the Club Wembley model for the second tier. If they could get £100 a seat for the 10k seats in the middle tier, as well as including the increase in capacity, that would really start to accelerate our match day income.

It will inevitably bring more tourists / prawn sandwich mob, but if that keeps prices affordable for the rest of us, it might be a price worth paying.

One thing is for sure, our average fan will never be able to afford the standard prices that Chelsea / Arsenal charge, so if we have to put up with a few more corporates to progress / comply with FFP, and the standard seats stay affordable, then I'm all for it.

True, but the average fan does not earn London wages, it's all relative to the cost of living in different parts of the country

moggymoz said:
Marvin said:
marcus said:
You know we're getting additional seats at the front, well given the front row is already ground level... Where are they going to go?
I think the angle of the bottom tier is being altered. I don't know that for sure....just from what I have seen on here. Should help make the ground a bit tighter and more intimidating for the opposition

That is 100% correct...

I've always been curious about this, are empty seats more noticeable at our place (on the TV) because our first tier is not nearly as steep as other grounds?

Puppet Master Silva said:
moggymoz said:
Marvin said:

That is 100% correct...

I've always been curious about this, are empty seats more noticeable at our place (on the TV) because our first tier is not nearly as steep as other grounds?

Steeper would make it more obvious?

worsleyweb said:
Your wrong!
No I'm not! (smugface)
[bigimg]http://www.stevenicklin.com/images/city/3NewRowsProfile.jpg[/bigimg]
This is compound image from two planning application documents
e-Documents-10435-dpp-0029 (proposed plans - right hand side)
e-Documents-10435-dep-0014 (current stadium - left hand side - actually a mirror image)

Has any of you been under the stadium - where the away coach drives in , near the regional mini stadium. It probably goes under the Bert Trautmann statue . They were running buses from Maine Road probably 2001, before Commonwealth Games, obviously before City took over and dug out the lower level. Also I don't think they can lower the pitch because that would mean altering the undersoil heating pipes. Just IMO.

M24 Citizen said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
moggymoz said:
That is 100% correct...

Steeper would make it more obvious?

You'd think so wouldn't you, but they're always more noticeable at ours and Arsenal games. Neither of us have steep first tiers.

squirtyflower said:
AlthamBlue said:
As well as the plastics over at the Caf having their say, have a look at some of the comments on Sky Sports' site :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9164736/premier-league-manchester-city-granted-permission-to-expand-the-etihad-stadium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ad-stadium</a>
I notice that my non abusive and non threatening comment didn't make it then
Nor mine! I only called someone clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.