City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The expansion is aimed clearly at trying to accommodate an anticipated rise in corporate hospitality whilst retaining our current fanbase. That's where the money is and that's where we're dwarfed by the rags, Arsenal and Chelsea in match day income.

Marvin said:
marcus said:
You know we're getting additional seats at the front, well given the front row is already ground level... Where are they going to go?
I think the angle of the bottom tier is being altered. I don't know that for sure....just from what I have seen on here. Should help make the ground a bit tighter and more intimidating for the opposition

That is 100% correct...

Shaelumstash said:
I know it's already been covered, but as many have mentioned the extra revenue for FFP, I was looking at the increase in our match day income after the expansion.
I posted something on this I think. As part of the expanded capacity we're going to treble the number of premium seats so that they constitute about 10% of the total capacity, instead of less than 5% now.

Each of those seats currently brings in £7,500 a season on average, whereas ordinary seats bring in about £550. So if we add 4,000 premium seats and 8,000 ordinary ones, that could bring in £30m a season extra.

fbloke said:
Shaelumstash said:
I know it's already been covered, but as many have mentioned the extra revenue for FFP, I was looking at the increase in our match day income after the expansion.

If we got for the smaller 6k increase, based on £30 a ticket and average spend of £5 per head on food / drink that would equate to:
£210,000 extra a game
£5.25m a season based on 25 home games

If we went for 12,000 it would obviously be double, so:
£410,000 a game
£10.5m a season based on 25 home games.

Every little helps towards FFP, but I don't think that will make up the shortfall in our match day income to catch up with the likes of The Shite / Arsenal / Chelsea.

Match day makes up 30% of their income, and only 10% of ours, so we've got a long way to go to catch them up.

Reading between the lines, with giving existing SC holders the opportunity to move to the new seats, I would imagine there are plans to make the middle tier even more high end than it is now.

I appreciate it is more expensive there than other parts of the stadium, but I would think they are looking at the Club Wembley model for the second tier. If they could get £100 a seat for the 10k seats in the middle tier, as well as including the increase in capacity, that would really start to accelerate our match day income.

It will inevitably bring more tourists / prawn sandwich mob, but if that keeps prices affordable for the rest of us, it might be a price worth paying.

One thing is for sure, our average fan will never be able to afford the standard prices that Chelsea / Arsenal charge, so if we have to put up with a few more corporates to progress / comply with FFP, and the standard seats stay affordable, then I'm all for it.

Another 8,000 programmes, 15,000 pints, 5,000 pies etc etc

I'm not sure on the numbers, but I'd be really surprised if 75% of fans buy a programme. I included a £5 profit per fan spend on food / drink, allowing for about a £12 per head spend at the till.

My point is, that I think the vast majority of the 12,000 new seats will be taken up by existing / occasional fans, and the real drive will be to attract more corporate customers.

The net profit on a new corporate seat is probably more than double that of a standard seat, that's where we'll get the real growth in income from I think.

TCIB said:
[bigimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Red_Circle,_Munich.JPG[/bigimg]
...indeed

images

Destiny-Stargate.jpg

ped said:
like I told the hard of thinking in work today,62 thousand is just another step ,the long term plan,is to increase the capacity to 85 thousand,(a new record for outside London,the current record ,84 thousand,held by,gods own club.)believe me that really throws,the bitter twats,

I love this stat. Always quote it when rags get uppity - really shuts them up. The link below is a great read especially
the fact that 25,000 City fans went across the Pennines to see the replay on a WEDNESDAY afternoon.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2013/may/fa-cup-glory-1934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... glory-1934</a>.
includes the 84,569 tie against Stoke.

moggymoz said:
Marvin said:
marcus said:
You know we're getting additional seats at the front, well given the front row is already ground level... Where are they going to go?
I think the angle of the bottom tier is being altered. I don't know that for sure....just from what I have seen on here. Should help make the ground a bit tighter and more intimidating for the opposition

That is 100% correct...
That is 100% incorrect actually - detail off how they're going to it is in the planning docs - the three new rows will be lower than the existing rows whose rake will not change

[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/3NewRows.jpg[/bigimg]

I recall reading that when the stadium was convereted there were three additional rows built at the lower level but they were covered up as they decided to put the pitch at its current level.

I'm sure it was on here some years ago

Don't shout if I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.