City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wankers!

Still treating football fans like Children and 2nd class Citizens.

The Government have once again blocked Safe Standing at English Football grounds.

Tracey Crouch. I bet She really knows about and understands football.

Another, yes Minister, doing as She is told by those above Her, and probably in conjunction with the Dinasours who are running football in this country.

Tracey Elizabeth Anne Crouch[3] MP (born 24 July 1975) is a British Conservative politician. She is Member of Parliament (MP) for Chatham and Aylesford

IMG_2555.jpg

West Brom have had a proposal to introduce safe standing at The Hawthorns rejected by the government.

The pilot scheme would have meant 3,600 seats in the Smethwick End were converted to 'rail seats', which can be locked in an upright position.

West Brom - who are bottom of the Premier League - hoped to install them in time for next season.

Sports minister Tracey Crouch says there are no plans to change the all-seater policy at football stadiums.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43701400

Everybody is already standing you daft Cow! The only difference being, safer rail seating! FFS, is that really that hard to understand and to get your head around???

100% agree.
It’s a fucking no brainer if you ask me.
Which is safer...

This...

20349633868_d6929b87d7_h.jpg

Or this...

Celtic-safe-standing.jpg

In often the same stadiums people can safely and legally stand to watch a concert its a total no go with football fans. The chief of police from glasgow said that the safest part of either parkhead or ibrox was the rail seated area at parkhead.

Standing isn't banned, the law only requires that clubs should provide seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them, hence City have a standing section. The picture above meets the requirement as long as they're not locked upwards.

While I'm all for safe-standing coming in, I don't think it will do much to change the atmosphere.

It wasn't standing per se that generated the (often exaggerated) atmospheres of the past that we remember, it was the fact that groups of mates could decide on a Saturday morning that they fancied going to the match and then stand together wherever they wanted.

Without either of those factors, safe standing will be no different to what City currently have in the South Stand, other than there being a few extra people on each row.

If safe standing is to have any chance of making a noticeable impact on the atmosphere, it has to be cheap and it has to be unreserved. How realistic are the chances of either of those things happening?

Got a feeling this will go on for 2-3 years yet. Might even not happen under this government.

I'd be happy with North and South stand lower being safe standing, with an expanded North Stand upper tier as part of the development.

Family Stand lower can be located to blocks in a couple of different areas of the ground.

While I'm all for safe-standing coming in, I don't think it will do much to change the atmosphere.

It wasn't standing per se that generated the (often exaggerated) atmospheres of the past that we remember, it was the fact that groups of mates could decide on a Saturday morning that they fancied going to the match and then stand together wherever they wanted.

Without either of those factors, safe standing will be no different to what City currently have in the South Stand, other than there being a few extra people on each row.

If safe standing is to have any chance of making a noticeable impact on the atmosphere, it has to be cheap and it has to be unreserved. How realistic are the chances of either of those things happening?

I agree, but another important point is that seated areas, and that includes safe standing areas, have a lower concentration of fans. Each step is deeper and the width of the seats is limited - so you are wrong about getting a few extra people on each row. One of the best atmospheres that I have experienced was standing on the Kippax for the 5-1 Charlton promotion game when there was just about room to breathe and every goal was followed by being swept forward several feet by the crowd.

Standing isn't banned, the law only requires that clubs should provide seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them, hence City have a standing section. The picture above meets the requirement as long as they're not locked upwards.

May or may not be correct but the club will get in trouble with the licensing authority if they at least try to make fans sit

This is correct!

But the current standing behind two-foot high seats is ‘dangerous standing’. The amount of times I’ve injured myself on the plastic seats must be over a dozen. I once cut my face open in a seat after loads of lads piled forward ontop of me and the seat in front cracked and it pinched my face open. And I have permanent lumps on the top of my shins where I think the constant banging on the top of the seat in front has caused ossification to occur.

City don't have a standing section, they have a singing section. They tend to allow them to stand in that area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.