City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure on what information the latest decision is based. My guess is it’s the same report from close after the Hillsborough drama. Honestly I can’t think of a reason NOT to leave it to the clubs.

I DO think standing up area will improve the atmosphere. Have any of you seen what these parts in the stadium are like in for exempts Germany? Singing, jumping up and down, moving sideways, all the songs you simply can’t do when standing between rows of seats. Imagine doing the Poznań in a safe standing area.

Furthermore it’ll raise cheaper tickets an allows more fans with a limited budget to get to the game.

But as it is now we need to have an accident to happen, caused by a crowd standing up in a seated area.

It’s not about atmosphere. It’s about allowing supporters the CHOICE. Either sit safely or stand safely, currently we stand and are at risk of injury. However, the atmosphere could improve as a result of it

Tracey Crouch should come to a few away games if she thinks the current provision is safest, particularly Chelsea away top tier where both me and my brother went down across 4 rows in the celebrations and am sure other’s on here have incurred minor injuries from similar. I don’t know how many times to say it, people died at hillsborough because of pens and fences. How can it make any sense to allow 50000 people to stand on the pitch at Wembley to watch U2, and not allow a MUCH safer answer ie safe standing at football?? Moronic fox-hunting idiots

Ideologically the conservatives will never allow safe-standing I know people bring up Hillsborough and while the Taylor Report supported the idea the mindset goes much further back, David Evans who was chairman of Luton and minister for sport (and a total low-life of a human being)was the main driver of much of their thinking with regards the matter on all seater stadiums and a bunch of other whacky ideas which, thankfully have largely have fallen by the wayside

I've still got a whopper of a cut and bruise on my right shin from Anfield last week and we didn't even score. Don't know how they maintain the current situation is safe yet safe standing wouldn't be.

Dinosaurs

4000 on the season card waiting list. Apparently the club are waiting until this gets bugger before extending the north stand.

Ideologically the conservatives will never allow safe-standing I know people bring up Hillsborough and while the Taylor Report supported the idea the mindset goes much further back, David Evans who was chairman of Luton and minister for sport (and a total low-life of a human being)was the main driver of much of their thinking with regards the matter on all seater stadiums and a bunch of other whacky ideas which, thankfully have largely have fallen by the wayside

Interesting context that

4000 on the season card waiting list. Apparently the club are waiting until this gets bugger before extending the north stand.

It won't get bigger. They can't even give out suitable seats to the ones who are on it.

My lad has been on it two years and need him sat next to me.

Each and every time, they say they don't have two together anywhere to relocate in the stadium, barring the very worst seats in the house.

Yeah right.

X1000, I bet. The same happens when you try to buy for individual games, the ticket office maintain the same line.

I don't think there is a waiting list for Season Cards as they scrapped that last summer.
All those with Cityzens Membership are technically on the waiting list and I would have thought that there were more than 4,000 Members in that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.