City to give Liverpool guard of honour

A bit of an aside here, but which Liverpool players would you have in this City team?. Nailed on both Alexander Arnold and Robertson, streets ahead of any of ours, none of their midfielders, I think ours is better, then Salah and Mane up front.. oh yeah forgot Van Dijk, so five in total.

Alison
Trent
Robertson
Van dijk
Henderson
Mane
Salah

Alison
Trent van dijk Laporte Robertson
Henderson
KDB B Silva/Foden
Salah aguero Mane

Once Sergio leaves Jesus or Firmino is a tough call but would probably go Jesus think with a long run of games he could be class plus he scores more goals than Firmino.

Maybe our players can recreate some of Liverpool’s heritage for the Guard so they don’t miss having their fans there? Maybe our players could line up and pelt them with bottles and bricks so their players feel right at home? Just trying to be friendly, maybe the Merseyside Police can be invited and they can just stand by and watch the violence?

We all know the football script, they’ve just won it - we’ll be fired up and will dick them out of pure shame. Put a quid on it.
You forgot to mention the Stanley knife slashing that was a regular feature at klanfield. I always had the beano annual down my pants for protection

Alison
Trent
Robertson
Van dijk
Henderson
Mane
Salah

Alison
Henderson
KDB B Silva/Foden
Salah aguero Mane

Once Sergio leaves Jesus or Firmino is a tough call but would probably go Jesus think with a long run of games he could be class plus he scores more goals than Firmino.
Henderson doesn't really play in the deep role for Liverpool, especially when Fabinho is in the side. Normally he plays further up. So I'd drop KDB for him.

Last edited:
Henderson doesn't really play in the deep role for Liverpool, sspecially when Fabinho is in the side. Normally he plays further up. So I'd drop KDB for him.

Haha good one, anyhow I don’t really rate Rodri or gundogan so it’s slim pickings in that role, Henderson could play it pretty well but we need a new Dinho tbh

Alison
Trent
Robertson
Van dijk
Henderson
Mane
Salah

Alison
Henderson
KDB B Silva/Foden
Salah aguero Mane

You’re a crack head if you think Alison is better than Ederson.

Ederson is better with his feet, and despite the myth that Alison is an amazing shot stopper (really? he’s fumbled a few piss weak shots in against City) Ederson is at least equal in this regard.

Also Hilts, Henderson over Fernandinho is another absolute crack head statement.

An actual mixed City dipper team would be;

Ederson
Arnold (quite a close one as Walker is only marginally behind due to his lack of assists)
Van Djik
Laporte
Robertson
Fernandinho
Kevin De Bruyne
Bernardo
Salad
Aguero
Mane (Sterling would be 50/50 for this spot if his form hadn’t dropped off a cliff in the last 3 months of the season)

You’re a crack head if you think Alison is better than Ederson.

Ederson is better with his feet, and despite the myth that Alison is an amazing shot stopper (really? he’s fumbled a few piss weak shots in against City) Ederson is at least equal in this regard.

Also Hilts, Henderson over Fernandinho is another absolute crack head statement.

Talk to Pep he hasn’t played him there for pretty much all season I did say we need a new Dinho try reading

Talk to Pep he hasn’t played him there for pretty much all season I did say we need a new Dinho try reading
is this who would Pep play or who’s the best 11? We’ve seen Dinho in holding mid for 5 years, even if he’s played CB for 6 months he would still walk back in to our midfield/theirs and dominate.

Brighton were absolutely fantastic to us last day of last season. It was a great day and their fans staying behind to celebrate with us was class.
They were brilliant weren't they,i wish now I had stayed out longer for the pub crawl but I was cream crackered,they gave vinny a good send off as we did their player,i was still in denial that vinny was leaving !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.