City To Play Hamburg On 21st January In The UAE.

Well, if we get knocked out by Sheffield Wednesday (and knowing us, it could happen) we won't actually have another game to follow until the 31st, and 10 days is more than enough days to recover. If we do go through to the 4th round, we'll have a game only three days later, and I'd expect that to mean that we send our reserves to Abu Dhabi.

Edit: interestingly, their site also says that Melbourne City will be there.

oakiecokie said:
Is this a serious wind up ????

No wind up oakie. It does sound like a daft idea but it won't be too strenuous otherwise the club wouldn't of agreed to it all in the place.

The_Maverick said:
Any chance we could play Allan Williams up front.

Or Brian Kidd. Stick either Rubén Cousillas,Xabier Mancisidor.Willy or Richard Wright in goal and maybe the gaffer will dust off his boots and play as a centre back.

Why are people surprised when we planned the same thing last year only for the Blackburn replay to scupper it. We have very few games around that time, just an FA Cup match a few days later. No League Cup semi final double header this year remember. But if we draw with Wednesday, it'll probably be cancelled like last year. It'll be glorified warm weather training while the club adds a million or two to the coffers.

LoveCity said:
Why are people surprised when we planned the same thing last year only for the Blackburn replay to scupper it. We have very few games around that time, just an FA Cup match a few days later. No League Cup semi final double header this year remember. But if we draw with Wednesday, it'll probably be cancelled like last year. It'll be glorified warm weather training while the club adds a million or two to the coffers.

I thought playing 19 games over the two mints if December and January caught up with us by February, we looked almost burnt out and took us a few weeks to get performing well again after the Chelsea loss.

I think if I remember we dropped points to Chelsea and Norwich away, and lost both Barcelona ties.

I know we had injuries but performance levels dropped significantly.

I think this trip to play Hamburg is just unnecessary, we have the opportunity to have a weeks rest in between the periods when we have Arsenal at home, an FA Cup tie and Chelsea away.

I think a change of scenery and some warm weather could be good but I just think these sort of games should be saved until the season is over.

What if Aguero gets injured or any other big game player we have??

sam-caddick said:
I think a change of scenery and some warm weather could be good but I just think these sort of games should be saved until the season is over.

What if Aguero gets injured or any other big game player we have??

Aguero probably won't play. And the 'names' will probably play 45 minutes each of low intensity football not much different to training matches. The club aren't thick, they wouldn't do this if it could jeopardise the season. Most of it will be recuperation... if we don't draw with Wednesday, we'll have 6 competitive matches in January (5 if Wednesday upset us) compared to 9 last year. And we had 7 in December compared to 9 last year, so in total 450 minute less of football in those two busy months. Not worried at all about burn out, that's something for Chelsea to worry about with a League Cup double against the scousers coming up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.