City To Play Hamburg On 21st January In The UAE.

Flappers are out in force again,

Nowt like a bit of winter sun to recharge the batteries and a gentle run out against another team who will want a bit of a gentle run out

Ray78 said:
I see this as a positive. A bit of warm weather training and a gentle friendly. We probably have to get used to this as when we win the Champions League then our season would be broken up by the Club World Cup.
Gotta love ya, Ray.
Glass half full, all day long.

This is a good idea for a number of reasons

1) Warm weather training is always beneficial
2) Bring group together more focus for big games ahead
3) Travel is not an issue, not exactly going to be going cattle class are they
4) As already said not a competitive games so players will not be risked if carrying knocks
5) Players use to playing 2 games a week, they always say they prefer to play than train
6) Club makes money satisfies owner and major sponsors

All in all seems a good idea, I am open to carrying cases if required :-)

de niro said:
blame platini.

Yes of course nothing to do with our owners locality.

A lot of teams seem to go to warmer climes during the winter and I doubt the game will be very taxing. Good PR exercise and after all that part of the world has done for us it is a small price to pay.

If I were a footballer and somebody wanted to fly me in a private jet to an out of this World hotel with my mates and have a few kick abouts in the sunshine I'd be delighted.

This trip will be excellent for moral. Excellent opportunity to get everyone together. Few young lads experiencing what is on offer if they have what it takes.

Yes, someone may get injured. They may get injured getting in the shower. Perhaps we should cancel warm ups, Dzeko is out for weeks thanks to a warm up.

Injuries happen in training. Arsenal have lost half their squad in training. Liverpool lost Sturidge in an England training camp.

Raised revenues, raised profile and more importantly raised team moral. I don't see a down side, other than possible injury. A possibility anywhere, anytime.

schfc6 said:
If I were a footballer and somebody wanted to fly me in a private jet to an out of this World hotel with my mates and have a few kick abouts in the sunshine I'd be delighted.

This trip will be excellent for moral. Excellent opportunity to get everyone together. Few young lads experiencing what is on offer if they have what it takes.

Yes, someone may get injured. They may get injured getting in the shower. Perhaps we should cancel warm ups, Dzeko is out for weeks thanks to a warm up.

Injuries happen in training. Arsenal have lost half their squad in training. Liverpool lost Sturidge in an England training camp.

Raised revenues, raised profile and more importantly raised team moral. I don't see a down side, other than possible injury. A possibility anywhere, anytime.

Think of it as Ffp friendly training. Same as normal training but with corporate sponsorship and deals thrown in. Everyone's a winner.

Its also great for us Blues who are based out here. We don't get many chances to see them live being 3500 miles away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.