City to reach QF - How much would you gamble?

jimharri said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
I take it we are around the 5/1 mark? Maybe worth a couple of quid on the handicap!
Not quite that short; 13/2 with Paddy Power.

Just had a look and was amazed at the prices 4/5 with a 2 goal start is a big price even in the form we are in!

If Pellers announced right before the game that the players wages for the week were wagered would it light a fire?

Just a rhetorical question.

As a fan, I'm gambling my faith in certain players and whether they will leave it all on the field. This match will tell me a lot about who I want in the team next year. They have NOTHING to save themselves for, so leave it all on the field and we can win. Whether that happens with this group of players? I'm not willing to wager a cent of my own hard earned money.

Yesterday I put £10 each way (odds of 80-1) on city to win the Champs League.

My (possibly overoptimistic) reasoning being that if we do get to the final I will get a minimum of £410 back.

This can pay for my trip.

Re: City to qualify - How much would you gamble?

jimharri said:
I'd never bet on City. You can't rely on them.

Me neither, jim. I've just won a tenner on a scratchcard, and jokingly, I said to Mrs Ewing that I'm off to the bookies to stick it on City going through. Yeah, she said, why not. Noooooooooooooo, I said. Barca will win by playing the better football or Barca will win by employing all the dirty tricks of experienced CL winners!! Anyway, I've never had a flutter on City since I lost a whole shilling to my brother on a fifties derby!!

As others have said, betting on a red card tonight is the safest option. They'll be cheating and diving and trying to get our players booked as soon as the match starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.