City Treble documentary | Club sell rights to Netflix for seven figure sum | To be aired in April (p5)

I’ve seen the first 3 so far and I’ll be honest I think I preferred the All or nothing. Anyone else feel the same. Maybe when I have watched all of them I may change my mind

I’m not sure how many high profile managers and players CityTV can attract to speak to them. Can you imagine David Silva or Wenger speaking to LiverpoolTV about their 2020 title win?

But a treble-winning team that also won the title 3 times on the trot and beat the last team to win the treble in the FA Cup final, I think the football world will never understand how the media world works in the UK, 2 red scum clubs hold all the cards with the media and control what is good for them and slate the rest as cheating or use you was shit before the money took over,

100% agree it feels very much like a CityTV production and is put together badly without loads of other key moments that season

The only thing that sticks out for me and makes me smile is that bit when Pep dips over turns his head stares into all the players' eyes and asks them a question, Not one of the players dares say a word back or move

Just finished it.

If there was any justice in the world when they were doing the "what happened in the months after" they'd talk about Kyle getting his knob out.

Think a lot of people are forgetting it’s a City Studios production that was ready to be released back in August. They sold it to Netflix to get a bigger reach but Netflix didn’t do anything to it. Not sure why it took so long to release though.

In that respect it was only ever going to look and feel like a club-produced documentary.

I just finished the last episode and it was epic. Felt the nerves around the final even though I knew the result! Somehow managed to keep the tears at bay (just).

What the documentary highlighted for me is what a great bunch of players we’ve got, how much I miss Gundo and Mahrez but also, how different everything has felt this year.

Tbh it’s been one hell of an effort for those lads to pick themselves back up after an achievement like that and carry on as they have - and we’re still in line for major trophies again.

Hope the boys have been watching that last episode again tonight.

Just finished it.

If there was any justice in the world when they were doing the "what happened in the months after" they'd talk about Kyle getting his knob out.
After watching that, he is doesn’t come over as the sharpest. His win it for me plea in the CL final dressing room was good though given he wasn’t picked.

Think a lot of people are forgetting it’s a City Studios production that was ready to be released back in August. They sold it to Netflix to get a bigger reach but Netflix didn’t do anything to it. Not sure why it took so long to release though.
I cannot believe we got Netflix to pay millions of pounds for it, it'll be another charge if the league get their way.

It's club produced propaganda web series with all the actual juicy bits of the season cut out (Kalvin's early training sessions, Cancelo getting binned off, Pep giving the players a right fucking bollocking) and Khaldoon getting to chat about how much he loves the club.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but there's nowt there for any non-City fans.

Unreal bit of business from the City media department.

But a treble-winning team that also won the title 3 times on the trot and beat the last team to win the treble in the FA Cup final, I think the football world will never understand how the media world works in the UK, 2 red scum clubs hold all the cards with the media and control what is good for them and slate the rest as cheating or use you was shit before the money took over,

100% agree it feels very much like a CityTV production and is put together badly without loads of other key moments that season

The only thing that sticks out for me and makes me smile is that bit when Pep dips over turns his head stares into all the players' eyes and asks them a question, Not one of the players dares say a word back or move

My favourite Pep bit was when they were throwing Alvarez in the air in the first training after the World Cup, Pep was in the background screaming “HIGHER! HIGHER!!!” like a maniac in the background.

I’ve only watched the first two episodes, but it’s great to relive some of those games and remember all those goals

Gotta say though it does feel a bit like I’m watching a longer city tv YouTube video or an American sports documentary. It’s lacking a bit of the charm that the Sunderland documentary had in my opinion.

If your a city fan it’s a good watch and I can’t wait to watch the later episodes.

Awesome to relive again, tears as the players fell to the ground at the final whistle….absolute goosebumps

Pep’s magic in the statement to the players after Southampton loss.

‘The academy is ready’……followed by…

Slowly looking at each player one by one……then concluding ‘maybe I was confused’….(picking the team he did)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.