City Treble documentary | Club sell rights to Netflix for seven figure sum | To be aired in April (p5)

The only two bits I thought were really bizarre was that bloke who was being paid to say stupid things to the players and Pep at the airport! It was lost on Grealish.

The other bit was why they felt the need to show the rags CL final comeback footage. I could have done without seeing that.
Hate the way we use rags in our stuff and let winter be part of it , if they asked us they wouldnt be getting a good answer

Pep's speech after the Southampton game probably turned the season around, didn't it? Took a couple of weeks for it to take effect but it got there. Think you could tell he was specifically laying into Laporte who I remember having a go at Gomez after he lost the ball, and how that spread out to the mood of the rest of the lads. Think the combo of that Southampton game, the ways in which we lost at United and Spurs, and the 115 charges all coming in the space of about three weeks just made something snap psychologically with Pep, the lads, and the staff. Just felt like they were against the ropes and decided they'd had enough. No coincidence that the on-pitch huddles started right in that moment.

Last edited:

it did not feel like that big of an achievement for Manchester City and for a football club, It needed more outside-of-the-club views on the treble from other managers and players pundits and football fans. Like views on how hard it's doing the treble and how outstanding the team and club were in achieving just about the hardest thing in football,

When you see and hear about United's 1999 Treble it seems all of the people in football and the media wanted to talk about it and where they were watching it and what an amazing achievement,

it did not feel like that big of an achievement for Manchester City and for a football club, It needed more outside-of-the-club views on the treble from other managers and players pundits and football fans. Like views on how hard it's doing the treble and how outstanding the team and club were in achieving just about the hardest thing in football,

When you see and hear about United's 1999 Treble it seems all of the people in football and the media wanted to talk about it and where they were watching it and what an amazing achievement,
WE know how hard it is to win the TREBLE, FUCK the media and just bask in the glory of our incredible achievements, which incidentally pisses on the rags treble.

Pep's speech after the Southampton game probably turned the season around, didn't it? Took a couple of weeks for it to take effect but it got there. Think you could tell he was specifically laying into Laporte who I remember having a go at Gomez after he lost the ball, and how that spread out to the mood of the rest of the lads. Think the combo of that Southampton game, the ways in which we lost at United and Spurs, and the 115 charges all coming in the space of about three weeks just made something snap psychologically with Pep, the lads, and the staff. Just felt like they were against the ropes and decided they'd had enough.
Around that time Cancelo was hideous too. I remember his absolutely shit performance at Chelsea away. I don’t think he lasted much longer than that.

Laporte didn’t really feature did he other than when being there when Haaland had his medical. Wonder if he has said he didn’t want any footage of him used. Mahrez and Gundogan were still featured. Nothing on Palmer at all either although he was only a fringe player.

The only two bits I thought were really bizarre was that bloke who was being paid to say stupid things to the players and Pep at the airport! It was lost on Grealish.

The other bit was why they felt the need to show the rags CL final comeback footage. I could have done without seeing that.
Troy Hawke of the Greeters Guild.

And it was to highlight only one club has ever done it. Henry also added ours would be the most amazing achievement in football if we pulled off the treble.

WE know how hard it is to win the TREBLE, FUCK the media and just bask in the glory of our incredible achievements, which incidentally pisses on the rags treble.

I know the achievement of winning the treble is incredible, I just wish we got the credit from the football world as well as our wonderful fans, Maybe it's still early and fresh in our minds to look back on with it the pulling of my heartstrings and tears flowing.

I just feel Manchester City players and manager and the club itself never get the credit it deserves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.