City Treble documentary | Club sell rights to Netflix for seven figure sum | To be aired in April (p5)

I thought that too. After what he did to Madrid in that second leg, you would have thought he had every right to a starting place but to take it like he did shows the quality of the mentality in that dressing room. We all know that Kyle can be a dick in certain situations but that action showed humility and leadership, qualities I must admit, I never knew he had.

That would have taken so much for him to do. Fair play to him. Most would have been absolutely devastated and been unable to say anything but it wasn't just the fact he spoke, it was what he said. Telling them it was his dream and to go and make his dream come true, such a great thing to say and evidence of how brilliant the squad was last season and why a bad egg like Cancelo had to go.

Yep. On IPTV there’s no subtitles and I didn’t want to watch it without, so had to borrow a friends Netflix.

God knows how they all understand him. They obviously do though as we are god dam phenomenal. :-)

I'm not sure they always do understand him. I think the work on the training ground is what they understand and generally Pep's reminding them of those drills more than anything. He's there messing around with the white board and moving the markers around, half the time they're not even watching! In his earlier books it's been mentioned how he had to find a way to get tactics across to his players with such little time between games and it's thanks to the coaching staff he has and having a squad of sponges who can pick things up quickly. Someone like Akanji for example who can come in and play across the back 4 and also slot into the middle, that's priceless for Pep.

I thought that too. After what he did to Madrid in that second leg, you would have thought he had every right to a starting place but to take it like he did shows the quality of the mentality in that dressing room. We all know that Kyle can be a dick in certain situations but that action showed humility and leadership, qualities I must admit, I never knew he had.
theres a lot of shit talked about Walker, especially on particularly podcasts. His personality is clearly important. Dias too, the funny guys, the quiet guys, etc etc. It makes a good squad make up. We put so much effort into buying the right person, the right attitude to life, all the rest is so much easier. They get on, everyone works for everyone. its why we're so good, not because they are technically better than anyone else.

Someone recently compared Yaya to Rodri... Its so obvious which one is more important.

theres a lot of shit talked about Walker, especially on particularly podcasts. His personality is clearly important. Dias too, the funny guys, the quiet guys, etc etc. It makes a good squad make up. We put so much effort into buying the right person, the right attitude to life, all the rest is so much easier. They get on, everyone works for everyone. its why we're so good, not because they are technically better than anyone else.

Someone recently compared Yaya to Rodri... Its so obvious which one is more important.
Yaya ?

I have just watched the last episode. I must have had some raw onions in the room that I didn’t know about because watching the footage after we win the CL final had me crying and crying. Pep talking to KDB ‘We did it Kev, we did it’ John Stones talking to camera ‘I’m not usually an emotional person’ with tears streaming down his cheeks and just every player so, so emotional. Listening to Khaldoon, then by Pep on the parade. Blooming marvellous.
Thank you City.

Jonathan Liew's peice referred to earlier on this page, about Winter being made redundant,

'Even television has lost its power to unite us: its live action now mostly paywalled, its pundits now invariably partisan, its content disposable.'

Written without a hint of irony that is dripping in the article. He actually means, TV pundits are biased towards certain team, but we aren't! At least he admits it.

Christ, he even quotes the ex copper, Nottingham fan in the article.

They are partly responsible for football changing for the worse.

Jonathan Liew's peice referred to earlier on this page, about Winter being made redundant,

'Even television has lost its power to unite us: its live action now mostly paywalled, its pundits now invariably partisan, its content disposable.'

Written without a hint of irony that is dripping in the article. He actually means, TV pundits are biased towards certain team, but we aren't! At least he admits it.

Christ, he even quotes the ex copper, Nottingham fan in the article.

They are partly responsible for football changing for the worse.

Liew is everything that’s wrong with football journalism. Happy to leech off the success of others and have his head in the trough but thinks he can take the moral high ground on everything.

Sooner or later one of these dickheads is going to get decked at a match. It’ll be their own doing yet they’ll be crying victim of course.

Watched the first three episodes today. That dressing down he gave the tan after that league cup defeat at soton was epic. He just said what needed to be said, dropped the mic and exited. Nobody said a word.

One of the reasons city has had so much success is the character of the players . Pep devises the tactics, coaches, cajoles, guides and shapes young men.

There’s a lot of coaching motivation but these guys are mostly self motivated.

It was totally impressive how he laid into them and the spirit in which they took it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.