City Treble documentary | Club sell rights to Netflix for seven figure sum | To be aired in April (p5)

I don't mean this how it's going to sound but part of me can't wait for the day Pep retires so he'll finally open his box of tricks and let us know how he came to understand and interpret football the way he does.

You can tell a lot of footage was scrubbed out of that documentary on Pep's orders because he doesn't want his secrets out there, not yet.

In all my years of watching football I've never known anyone obsess over the game like him. Never seen anyone, live, breathe, eat, and sleep it like him.

There's a little bit they keep in, I think it's just before the European Cup final, where he tells Akanji and Gundogan to look for Bernardo making a run down the inside right channel in Inter's box, and that nobody will be looking at Rodri on the edge.

How does he work it all out to that degree? How does your brain have to work to basically create a goal while you're 50 yards away and not even touching the ball? I had to rewind it to double-check, it's insane.

I don't mean this how it's going to sound but part of me can't wait for the day Pep retires so he'll finally open his box of tricks and let us know how he came to understand and interpret football the way he does.

You can tell a lot of footage was scrubbed out of that documentary on Pep's orders because he doesn't want his secrets out there, not yet.

In all my years of watching football I've never known anyone obsess over the game like him. Never seen anyone, live, breathe, eat, and sleep it like him.

There's a little bit they keep in, I think it's just before the European Cup final, where he tells Akanji and Gundogan to look for Bernardo making a run down the inside right channel in Inter's box, and that nobody will be looking at Rodri on the edge.

How does he work it all out to that degree? How does your brain have to work to basically create a goal while you're 50 yards away and not even touching the ball? I had to rewind it to double-check, it's insane.
A few of the players over the years (I remember Grealish I think saying something like this?) have said Pep will talk through their tactics and uncannily predict how the game will play out. Not just: here is our plan! But also: here is our plan, on the 25th minute they will lose focus and leave Grealish in space, if you pass back to someone they will be free because the player will now be marking Haaland, this will be our opening goal.

Personally I love the fact that a club produced, in-house, production was sold to Netflix for millions.
Yet one more example of the enormous growth of our club of the pitch. Marvellous stuff. Even five years ago if we’d gone to Netflix with an in house documentary and asked for millions and a worldwide release they’d have laughed in our faces.
For sure, it won’t attract rave reviews from England based non-City fans. They’ll hate it and I love that. How many documentaries have we had forced down our throats about “The class of 92”, “the miracle of the Kop” etc? Now it’s their turn.

And things like this make the idea that this club doesn’t have enough “clout” to attract multi millions in sponsorships and commercial income sounds utterly ridiculous. Which it is.

I tell you what though. Domestic football fans aren’t the target audience. Football mad kids and young adults in South America/Europe/Asia ARE. And they’ll love it.

Well played City. World class on AND off the pitch. We’ve known it for years. Now the rest of the world has a six part broadcasted proof of it too.

City fans complaining about it are the ones who still haven’t forgiven the club for no longer being utter shite and removing their ‘cool kid points’.

Personally I love the fact that a club produced, in-house, production was sold to Netflix for millions.
Yet one more example of the enormous growth of our club of the pitch. Marvellous stuff. Even five years ago if we’d gone to Netflix with an in house documentary and asked for millions and a worldwide release they’d have laughed in our faces.
For sure, it won’t attract rave reviews from England based non-City fans. They’ll hate it and I love that. How many documentaries have we had forced down our throats about “The class of 92”, “the miracle of the Kop” etc? Now it’s their turn.

And things like this make the idea that this club doesn’t have enough “clout” to attract multi millions in sponsorships and commercial income sounds utterly ridiculous. Which it is.

I tell you what though. Domestic football fans aren’t the target audience. Football mad kids and young adults in South America/Europe/Asia ARE. And they’ll love it.

Well played City. World class on AND off the pitch. We’ve known it for years. Now the rest of the world has a six part broadcasted proof of it too.

City fans complaining about it are the ones who still haven’t forgiven the club for no longer being utter shite and removing their ‘cool kid points’.
Amazing post, thank you

Quite a mix of work colleagues have all watched it and enjoyed it, fans of Milan, River Plate, Dortmund, Frankfurt & Penarol, with just a Madrid fan saying he would rather eat sick out of a sweaty sock if my Spanish is correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.