City u18s 2-0 Stoke City

Cheers gents. The most encouraging thing for me about the weekend's academy games was that the players that stepped up the age groups (Will Patching & Lukas Nmecha are both just 16 still and shone for the u21s, and Tom Dele & Jadon Sancho 15 and looking great for the u18s) didn't look fazed at all. Absolute supreme talents that are only gonna get better.

The EDS game was the first time i've seen Patching give the impression that he could be a genuine real star. He's always looked good but i'd never seen him grab a game by the scruff of its neck before and take control like he did that day.

Felt the same about Patching even tho he did fade a bit in the 2nd half but there is something about the way he moves with the ball and sees and picks his passes. Classy player.

It was my first viewing on Saturday of Sancho and Dele and I was impressed. Both had run across from the 16's game and both looked the business from the first moment they got the ball. Sancho just got the ball and ran the full back backwards and threatened each time he was in possession. If he can harness his fantastic talent into creating and scoring at the higher levels we have a real start on our hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.