City u19 v Gladbach

I don't watch these games as much as I used to, but I must say that watching this group of players is doing my head in.

They are capable of absolutely unstoppable levels of football, a level above Barca imo, (they bottled it in the home game v Barca) but the lack of being able to hit a bull's arse with banjo & the extreme selfishness/headlessness of almost the whole team when in the opponent's penalty area, is frankly not good enough & someone needs to tell them.

A young Shearer or even Rooney, in this team, would score 80 goals a season, not just on finishing ability & killer instict, (we totally lack that) but on threat of violence for people shooting from 45 degrees or trying to beat a 4th player, with team mates stood in front of an open net.

Shit finishing is one thing, but greedy or plain blindess in situations wher the oppo should be dead & buried, is not 'expessing yourself' or 'unlucky' it's shite & unprofessional.

Stop it.

I don't watch these games as much as I used to, but I must say that watching this group of players is doing my head in.

They are capable of absolutely unstoppable levels of football, a level above Barca imo, (they bottled it in the home game v Barca) but the lack of being able to hit a bull's arse with banjo & the extreme selfishness/headlessness of almost the whole team when in the opponent's penalty area, is frankly not good enough & someone needs to tell them.

A young Shearer or even Rooney, in this team, would score 80 goals a season, not just on finishing ability & killer instict, (we totally lack that) but on threat of violence for people shooting from 45 degrees or trying to beat a 4th player, with team mates stood in front of an open net.

Shit finishing is one thing, but greedy or plain blindess in situations wher the oppo should be dead & buried, is not 'expessing yourself' or 'unlucky' it's shite & unprofessional.

Stop it.

The frustrating thing is that Tyrese Campbell was scoring 50+ for the 16s and 15s and he was a proper killer instinct kinda forward. Sadly he decided to go to Stoke...

Stop it.

I've watched a good few matches involving this team and that pretty much what I've seen. But I think it's club-wide. Chance after chance squandered when the only thought in yer head is that Club Z or Club Y would have buried it!

The Barca game at The Minihad? Did Barca have more than two chances. If I remember correctly we might have had three decent chances in the last few minutes!

Some serious negative stuff chaps.

I am blown away with our talent at present. I love the fact that they are allowed to express themselves. I am sure they could score many more if they played in a different way.

I personally don't think winning 8.0 at this level is the most important thing.

Development development development.

Some serious negative stuff chaps.

I am blown away with our talent at present. I love the fact that they are allowed to express themselves. I am sure they could score many more if they played in a different way.

I personally don't think winning 8.0 at this level is the most important thing.

Development development development.

So am I, hence the comments regarding 'development'.

That's what 'development' is. Improving he stuff you do wrong & doing it right.

The frustrating thing is that Tyrese Campbell was scoring 50+ for the 16s and 15s and he was a proper killer instinct kinda forward. Sadly he decided to go to Stoke...

Not really seen much of him, & a real 'killer' finisher would probably have us top of the group now.

But I recon that in the last handful of games i've seen, pretty much every one of the attacking players has now had several opportunities to lay on a tap in for a team mate & instead, gone for a ridiculously difficult option, where a simple pass would have laid on a chance even Corradi wouldn't miss.

At some point they have to start playing grown up football or they will take those bad habits with them into the first team & nobody will pass to them.

I've watched a good few matches involving this team and that pretty much what I've seen. But I think it's club-wide. Chance after chance squandered when the only thought in yer head is that Club Z or Club Y would have buried it!

The Barca game at The Minihad? Did Barca have more than two chances. If I remember correctly we might have had three decent chances in the last few minutes!

We had about 4 chances to each one of theirs in both games.

I agree it goes through to the first team, but in their case, it's more often bad final ball rather than greedy or stupid finishing (apart from Aguero).

This needs nipping in the bud imo, we don't want to build a team of Balotellis, we want intelligent players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.