City USA Pre-season speculation

Andouble

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/03/top-clubs-lining-up-for-world-football-challenge.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_i ... lenge.html</a>

If you thought your summer soccer plans were going to be limited to MLS and the Gold Cup, think again.

Major League Soccer recently announced the staging of the World Football Challenge from July 14th through August 6th and now sources have revealed the names of some of the clubs being lined up to compete in the competition.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Club America, Chivas Guadalajara and Juventus are all being lined up to take part in the eight-team competition, which will consist of a round-robin two-game format. A second Italian club is expected to round out the eight-team field, with Inter Milan and Napoli identified as targets.

The teams will play each other in matches throughout North America, while also facing MLS clubs in friendlies. Manchester United has already been announced as the MLS All-Star Game opponent.

seems like it interferes with the tournament in Dublin though, so who knows.

The Ativa tournament we're involved in with Inter and Celtic is July 30-31st, so unless we send two teams different ways or that tournament is scheduled so that we don't have games those days, it won't happen.

Screw the east coast and west coast, you guys got spoiled last summer while the midwest got the shaft. Bring a game to either Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Cleveland, Columbus, or Milwaukee.

It's not speculation. I posted nearly 2 months ago city are booked on virgin Atlantic to LAX

As much as I hate the rags, at least they are visiting the east coast, west coast, and midwest this summer. I don't know why City can't do the same thing. It's a pretty simple concept, give as many fans a chance to come watch the team play as possible. That is how you continue to develop a growing fan base worldwide.

Doubt we'll be there as well

Sir Alex Fergiescum, manager of England's ManUre, addresses the media during a news conference at his spiritual home Red Bull Arena, Tuesday, March 29, 2011, in Harrison, N.J. ManUre will play Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire, New England Revolution, Seattle Sounders and the MLS All-Stars as part of its preseason tour of the United States this summer in preparation for a permanent move if the FA does not agree to fergiescums request for him to choose referees for all matches.

In the meantime he is attempting to persuade the glazers to part with the cash to continue the tradition of buying trophies, he hopes to add “two or three” players to his squad this summer, with Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, 25, Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder, 26, Bolton centre-back Gary Cahill, 25, and Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell, 19, likely to be his top targets. A spokesman for the glazers say that the accountants have looked into the feasibility of the drunken sods plans and question how "two of three" players become a wish list of 4. They also confirm that they are adding the points gained on the walmart loyalty cards to see if they have accrued enough to buy a meaningful player this summer.

it was announced ages ago that united will play barca on 30th july in washington dc but city will not confirm any involvement, that said i want it to be true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.