City v AC Milan post match thread

Doyle is ready now maybe one more loan then next season be in our squad! I'd keep him as back up now but he be lucky to play 2 games

My cousins went to the game in NY. They're casual fans. They were quite shocked to see how many city shirts they saw compared to a legacy team like AC Milan.

Barca and Madrid reign supreme in this side of the world though so it'll be cool to see how many "new fans" city has in Orlando.

My biggest takeaway from the match, aside from what most of us already knew (Bobb’s your uncle), was that Callum Doyle looks incredibly assured, just does not get phased under pressure, and has a knack for doing exactly what he needs to do to defend well, especially one-on-one chances. Oh, and he is a unit.

It’s too bad that we don’t really need another CB at present, otherwise I would say he should stay with the senior squad this season.
You are probably right, but I think there is a case for adding CD to the squad. Akanji will be needed to play RB a lot, Kyle nearly 34. John and Ruben are right sided CBs, John especially has been missing a lot of matches. That leaves Josko for left back , with Nathan as LCB and good as he is is not normally a twice a week player. So maybe we could use one more defender.

Watched the first half after coming back from night out. Standard pre season stuff really. Gaps at the back you could sail the titanic through, some intricate passing up front, opposition scoring with every shot on goal despite no sign of Claudio Bravo anywhere.

That stadium looked weird though, right? Narrow and odd proportioned.

Maybe it's just me but I find the whole USA or China or whatever tours we do preseason a bit boring and sterile really, not a chance I'm staying up for the next one. Clear we're going to have a stuttering start to the season, not just city but the whole premier league, could be some odd and wacky results before October hits.

Enjoyed the game but if you're worried about the result then these friendlies aren't for you. There were some good contributions from emerging players and eventually most of them wouldn't look out of place in a proper first team. However playing so many youngsters together highlights the difference between the EDS and proper men's football.
Bobb has been the stand out performer on the tour so far. He's playing himself into being a regular first team player.
McAtee proved to himself that he can play PL level football at Sheffield United. He's looked decent so far and will get better if he gets the chance when the first team are back.
Most of the rest of the EDS look like players with a big future. Loans would be more beneficial as there doesn't seem to be any Foden level players amongst them who could work their way into the first team at the moment.
Phillips looks done. Hope he can a new club before the window shuts.
Watching Pep on the sidelines was encouraging. The guy looks reinvigorated and ready to go. He's not lost it at all. My money would be on him being in Abu Dhabi during the September International break to sign another contract extension.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.