City v AC Milan post match thread

I’m not worked up about the results - and I enjoy watching the “kids.” So my comment was not in regards to that. Believe me, I’d be happy if all the starters got more time on the beach! I guess this begs another question. I don’t think these guys really ever get “out of shape” but is the expectation they’re all doing these (What look like) hard core workouts on their few weeks off? Some players post on social media a lot about it - Doku, Grealish.
It’s just how they live their lives.
Similar to seeing people jogging on the beach in Mexico or using a treadmill at a resort.
I personally am far too busy for such activities.

Kind of off topic, but figuring this thread is busy so someone will answer. Doku has pictures of himself training - pretty much every day for the last week. If he’s doing that, why doesn’t he join up with the team?
To be fair he’s hardly going to post pictures of himself rat arsed and falling over outside a bar.

exactly !!! He’s on holiday and he’s a good professional keeping fit.

The penny will drop on here one day for those getting worked up about pre-season results.

The games mean nothing - the reason City give players the correct amount of holiday is the reason we are strong at the end of the season.

The down side is there are often shaky pre-season results and losing the charity shield but we will be strong at the end
Pep always manages the calendar very well in terms of fitness. No one is stronger than us when we hit the home straight at the business end of the season.

But it would be nice to get points on the board early
I have reached the conclusion that with pep at least early season is all about keeping in touch. If after about 14 or 15 games we are within 5 or 6 points of the leaders everything is on target. It is of course nice to win it before the Christmas decorations are hauled down, like we have done in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.