City v AC Milan post match thread

rags game in two weeks time, hope some more players are back to Manchester for bit of pre season while squad arrives back from US tour, no way we can field a team like this game.
Nunes hardly played at the Euros or all season, he should be back quick.

especially midfield area is missing.
Although obviously training isn't as intense as playing in a competetive match he still had to be ready to play if called upon. The 3 week break is as much a mental refresh as it is a physical one.

I'm guessing you never got to see Lee Bradbury or Buster Phillips or Pointy McMannaman or William Bony or the underwhelming sea of shit we have signed in history. Kalvin is nowhere near and I mean nowhere near one of our worst signings as a footballer.

He might be the poorest value from a monetary pov, however that is a different matter. It could be worse, we could have paid 85 million for Anthony. Lol.
He's as close to the "worst signing " as it gets.
Absolute wank from day one .As for this " he seems a lovely fella" .What has that got to do with anything? Useless, Useless, Useless!

Gotta say, I don’t think I have ever fell asleep watch us before.
Absolute farce going on a publicity tour without 85% of squad

rags game in two weeks time, hope some more players are back to Manchester for bit of pre season while squad arrives back from US tour, no way we can field a team like this game.
Nunes hardly played at the Euros or all season, he should be back quick.

especially midfield area is missing.
Ah yes Nunes of the one goal in the last 2 years. He can stay away another while.

Can't be too arsed about the results, they are what they are. Would prefer to win still.

One thing I'll point our as a negative was our defence was a bit of a shit show in both games. I know they're young lads and it's pre season but at least try to get the basics right. It's the minimum you would expect from academy players from top teams, especially when these are the moments where they get to make an impression. A few look a mile off from having a chance of breaking into the first team squad.

I know that sounds harsh but I just wanted to see a bit more quality from some of them now they're given chance, even if it is a pre season friendly.

There's definitely some quality there too though.

I wish the Prem would start already.

The over-gassing and slagging off of some players based on a couple of pre-season friendlies thousands of miles away on sub-par pitches and in very hot weather is utterly bizarre to me.

These players will never all play together again. Most of the squad are academy players getting some really useful experience.

I’ll judge performances in the games that matter. Until then, it’s a fitness building and experimental phase that really just needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Can't be too arsed about the results, they are what they are. Would prefer to win still.

One thing I'll point our as a negative was our defence was a bit of a shit show in both games. I know they're young lads and it's pre season but at least try to get the basics right. It's the minimum you would expect from academy players from top teams, especially when these are the moments where they get to make an impression. A few look a mile off from having a chance of breaking into the first team squad.

I know that sounds harsh but I just wanted to see a bit more quality from some of them now they're given chance, even if it is a pre season friendly.

There's definitely some quality there too though.

No, not harsh. You could see they were lads, and they simply weren't up to top level. Just as well that's not at all our defence, eh? (By the way, talking about who our real defence is, thought Ed could have done a bit better on their third goal, honestly. Yes, it was perfectly placed, but he wasn't apparently unsighted, and there wasn't a lot of power on it. N.b. not making a big thing of it, just a comment in passing).

The revelation, so far, is Oscar Bobb. Well, not really a revelation, in fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.