City v Ajax pre-match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

The game no one wants to think about yet could be the best game of the season based on the Dortmund game

Before After could be

Dortmund 7 R.Madrid 9
R.Madrid 6 Dortmund 7
Ajax 3 City 4
City 1 Ajax 3

At the weekend Ajax, lost at home and Dortmund drew 0-0 at home whilst R.Madrid won 4-0. City are playing well in their domestic league whilst all our Champions League rivals are struggling to an extent. I am a bit worried that Ajax and Dortmund are putting everything into these Champions League games.Ajax for example were up until the weekend unbeaten in the Dutch League but had only won 4 from 10 games drawing the rest

City's likely team:

-------------Hart
Zab--Kompany--Nastasic--Clichy
------------Garcia
---Yaya Toure-Tevez-Nasri
-------Balotelli-Aguero

Disappointing to be without Silva, Richards, Maicon and Milner for our most important game of the season to date, but I think we will win by 2 goals

A narrow victory against Ajax might simply put us into the dreadful Europa League so I am hoping for an entertaining, high scoring defeat. Similar to Sporting last season if my memory serves me right. Let us put Europe to bed so that the players and coaching staff can concentrate on what really matters.

lionheart said:
A narrow victory against Ajax might simply put us into the dreadful Europa League so I am hoping for an entertaining, high scoring defeat. Similar to Sporting last season if my memory serves me right. Let us put Europe to bed so that the players and coaching staff can concentrate on what really matters.

Amen. Get through the night without further injury and let us concentrate on retention.

Thatwould be a nightmare. Would mean losing players in January and a big setback for the club. Win and we can still go through.

Can't understand the defeatist attitude amongst supporters of the Champions

I dont say this often but i think we will lose by a goal. I can see us being nervous and missing a few chances and Ajax hitting us on the break with a suckerpunch! I hope im wrong, i pray im wrong but we havent been at our very best all season and without silva our creative side has taken a huge hit!

We were very tired v Swansea but apart from that game I think we're playing well in the Premiership. We need to keep it tight at the back, and take our chances.

Ajax will put everything into it, as Dortmund did, but we should win even without Silva.

These are the games we have waited for for years. Just because the group table looks bad now, we should not give up! If nothing else, lets prove that we belong in the Champions League and show some pride

lionheart said:

You really are very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.