CITY v Arsenal - Official Match Thread

I thought both the decisions which the referee gave were correct

That said that display for you should be encouraging rather than anything else

Silva looks a classy player. Very much the type i'd like to have at Arsenal.

Hart of course made a brilliant save off that penalty.

You guys did well out their with 10 men.

I know im going to be rooting for the blue side of manchester in a couple of weeks and i think you can give them a proper thrashing.

Wasn't able to watch the game but, from reading most of the comments on this thread, it must go down as our most entertaining performance to date. Let us hope we nail those red bastards in a couple of weeks time and cement our place in the Top Three alongside the Londoners. My boss (who is a lifelong rag) said we played better than his lot yesterday but that Wayne Bridge in particular was rank awful. Glad when Kolorov returns.

A very fluttering day today. Mates whom are fans of arsenal, chelski and toons, and even dippers all came up and talked of how impressed they were on how we fought hard early half of the match and asked me how disappointed i was. Some signs of respect ive been given all round. :) anyone else got this reception?

Tho mates who are rags tried in every way to discount what happened last night with City while a few keep silent. Strange eh?

shaiomarali said:
A very fluttering day today. Mates whom are fans of arsenal, chelski and toons, and even dippers all came up and talked of how impressed they were on how we fought hard early half of the match and asked me how disappointed i was. Some signs of respect ive been given all round. :) anyone else got this reception?

Tho mates who are rags tried in every way to discount what happened last night with City while a few keep silent. Strange eh?

That's good to see mate, shame that all the papers are putting us down. What nonsense! I'd like to see every other team in the prem play 85mins against "the passing team"

I am immensely encouraged by some of the performances, and despite a blemish on our recent good home form against the Gooners I think going a man down and the players rallying like they did might have been a slight blessing in disguise.

I'll quickly forget this defeat as I feel a big win coming on next week as a backlash!

Couple of thoughts.

As a Gooner, I want to say firstly that you are looking like the real deal - I thought it would be difficult for you to find the cohesion - but Mancini has got you playing as a unit. Yesterday, for an hour you pretty much matched us on one of our better days, and it was inevitable that 10 men would tire against our pass and move game - particularly after playing on Thursday.

But unlike a number of City fans, I don't think you can have many complaints about the referee. The sending off would have been given by 75% of referees out there. Fabregas started putting himself about a bit, but he was a marked man for the first 20 minutes, and I see no difference between the referees supposed leniency against him and the fact that de Jong didn't even pick up a booking.

Silva is some player, and I love the way Tevez goes about his business. Don't get fooled by Adebayor's hat-trick last week. Unlimately he will let you down when it counts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.