CITY v Arsenal - Official Match Thread

Ntini77 said:
jimharri said:
He was poor again, but it didn't make any difference to the score. Boyata's inexperience did for us. Also, too many players who didn't perform today.

I can think of Barry but no one else springs to mind.
Milner wasn't great, Vinny was iffy (rash tackle for the penalty) and Carlos was below par. That's four, and you can't carry that many players.

bluethai said:
Our 10 men played brilliantly until Bridge came on. Poor substitution this imo.

Yaya went off because he was injured I thought. Bridge was bludy awful though- what the hell was he doing for their second goal trying to poke the ball out instead of putting his foot through it to clear.

chesterbells said:
sboroMCFC said:
Boyata is young and young players make mistakes. He will learn from this and move on. Don't start fucking saying Lescott should have started because he gets slated week in week out on here.

We have played so well this half, I am so proud of City. These things happen sometimes. We got the luck last week and seem to be out of this this week. Performance wise I have absolutely no complaints.

Agreed, no complaints over performance.

But I am still going to "start fucking saying Lescott should have started" because he should have. Other people might have been slating him but I wasnt. In fact, on Thursday against Posnan he was excellent. Or even playing Boateng in the middle would have been a better option. I just dont think Boyata is up to the mark for our first 11 (and i've never been on here saying he is BTW)

Give Boyata time- he is only a young guy and is coming on well. Give it 2 years and I think he will be 1st choice CB alongside Kompany.

Lescott has looked god damn awful the last two games- he was terrible at Blackpool and was poor the other night as well. I have no problems with Boyata being picked in front of Lescott. I assume Zab was out injured, as I expect had he been fit we would of probably lined up Zab, Boateng, Kompany, Richards.

Boyata should not have played today.But hey hindsight is a wonderful thing.I personally i thought we were outstanding today,a 3-0 defeat but probably the best performance of the season under the circumstances.Going to get a bucketful of shit from the rags in the boozer tonight,but iam far from downhearted and am more convinced than ever that we wil finish above that shower of shite this season.

hertsblue said:
Think it needs to be Barry or Milner not both. Milner needs to play in the middle, total waste on the wings as not creative enough. Barry gave alot of poor balls today and didnt have the pace to get back and help.

Ya agree with u , he makes nice tackles but when moving front he made quite a few misplaced passes which did frustrate silva at times.we should play milner de jong yaya in Mf and play silva behind tevez and johnson on wings.

chesterbells said:
uwe282828 said:
The game was over after 4 minutes.a bad challenge from Boyata but im sure he`ll learn from it.

What, learn to run faster?

Maybe! i think if your on the left side going back to goal if your going to attempt a tackle use your left foot.an experienced player would have spotted the run and either stepped up , dropped back or blocked the run and just got a yellow.

On another note , boyata is a good CB , better than lescott and you could not really blame him as this was his first tackle well 4 mins into the game and he just missed the ball as it shot past him.Referee should have settled for yellow but instead he killed what could have been an epic match.Good performance from the lads , showed fight esp. silva , tevez , de jong and richards.Nice save from hart and kompany played well too.Quite a few times in 1st half looked as if we were playing full but we had to cover for the extra man and this showed in the latter stages of 2nd half where most of our players were tired but our players played their heart out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.