City v Arsenal Post Match

mosssideblue said:
Blue Pimp said:
Don't post much but as far as a left back goes we should look no further than Angelino. Never been as impressed by a young defender as by him

Not having a dig mate but how many PL games has this lad played. Big difference in excelling at a lower level and expecting to do it in the PL.
Not to mention that Clichy doesn't need replacing anyway, being City's best player on Sunday.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
willipp said:
coleridge said:
Fair enough, mate.

However, please explain what the point of Navas is when his final ball was so poor. 1 out of 9 made it to a team mate. As for creativity, Silva could have played there [approx] and Lampard in the middle.

Dont get me wrong, he frustrates the fuck out of me, but i think its unfair the criticism he has received. There were some very very average performances yesterday across the whole pitch and for me it was a poor team performance. With the injuries we have we don't really have many options as i think Navas is far more effective coming on for the last 20 when there is much more space available.

Navas comes in for so much criticism, much of it unfair, that he is becoming the scapegoat. Navas did what any winger can be asked to do: he beat his back, got behind Arsena and found a penalty area full of Arsenal shirts with scarcely a blue in sight, with the exception of Sergio. No wonder his final ball was intercepted.

You're missing the fact that almost none of his crosses had any loft or zip on them. They were scubbed along the ground and easily dealt with. It's true that we didn't have enough players attacking the ball in the box, but let's not pretend Navas was giving even halfway decent service by anyone's standards.

have they just jetted out to Abu Dhabi for a "winter training camp" after that shoddy performance?

i know it was pre-planned, but they shouldn't be rewarded for some abject displays.

How is trainiing in the hot, sunny weather going to prepare them for the next wintery months in England?

How will the Abu Dhabi weather help the team learn what to do at corners, when its blowing a gale and pissing it down here?

They should be "training here" ... spending £200m on a facility and they aren't using it?

... i give up ....

GeekinGav said:
have they just jetted out to Abu Dhabi for a "winter training camp" after that shoddy performance?

i know it was pre-planned, but they shouldn't be rewarded for some abject displays.

How is trainiing in the hot, sunny weather going to prepare them for the next wintery months in England?

How will the Abu Dhabi weather help the team learn what to do at corners, when its blowing a gale and pissing it down here?

They should be "training here" ... spending £200m on a facility and they aren't using it?

... i give up ....
Wish you fooking would

toffee balls said:
GeekinGav said:

... i give up ....
Wish you fooking would
I'm not so sure he even started.

CrownPointBlue said:
Rain,Hail & wind in Abu Dhabi today !!
Most unusual.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ahlanlive.com/snowing-in-abu-dhabi-544425.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ahlanlive.com/snowing-in-abu ... 44425.html</a>
wind, rain and hail on Monday, Not great Tuesday either and on Wednesday it's sunny intervals, Thursday it's 23 degrees Centigrade so lads you can get off to the beach for one day at least...
No, you're not seriously telling me that they're catching the plane after the Hamburg game...
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Abu+Dhanhi+weather&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:%7Breferrer:source%7D&ie=UTF-8&oe=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=cdu-VKaMKcTCUNC9guAP&gws_rd=ssl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Abu+D ... gws_rd=ssl</a>

I don't quite feel so bad after Sunday now...
:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.