City v Barca

We would lose by the odd goal in three at the Nou Camp.

They are big game performers, also the greatest club side I have ever seen in 30-odd years.

A good dose of smelling salts is required from many on here and in the media.

Barca play at a pace that would see us overwhelmed in midfield.

Whoever said Balotelli is better than David Villa needs to get his eyes checked. I'd take Ed over Balotelli but against David Villa it wouldn't even be close. Balotelli is going to be a great player one day, but he is still young and can improve. David Villa has won everything under the sun and is a literal beast for Spain. 50 goals in 80 appearances is nothing to be scoffed at.

What I think we have going for us is that we have a nice blend of beautiful football with a flowing passing game combined with a certain English physicality. Yaya, Edin, Komps, Jolean, etc can all outmuscle most of Barcelona's players. This can be a wonderful advantage to getting the ball off of them and keeping it with our players. In addition their team is fairly short so we should be favored in the air.

Still, a very difficult game for us though. Maybe in a year or two when we have more confidence and experience but the way QPR pushed us back doesn't really inspire confidence.

Think we have seen already this season,European games are a different challenge altogether,no disrespect to Villareal,but our next champions league game will give us a better indication of where we stand in the champions league

I don't know whether Barca are on the slide or not. However, what I do know is that they have played the same amount of games as us this season (11 games) and have won seven whilst drawing one game at home and three away, dropping 8 possible points - this in a league that most on here have derided when placed in direct comparison with the Premier League; we have drawn one game and won ten, dropping two possible points.

That's not to say that we are better/stronger than them or we wouldn't get beat by them; but it does show that THIS season, in La Liga, they have not been firing on all cylinders - I think on this evidence we would have as good a chance (if not better) than the vast majority of teams in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.