City V Barcelona

rickmcfc

If we were to play Barcelona 10 times, how do you think we would do? 3 years ago, I think barca would have won all 10, or at a push won 9 and we drew the other. Now however, out of the 10 games I think Barca would win 5, City 3, and 2 draws. What does everyone else think?

We would draw 4 times and lose the other 6. Barca began to pick apart the strongest RM side in years. They have no equal. Unless we can buy Xavi and Iniesta.

Of a starting 11 of City/Barca

Valdes
Alves
Pique
Kompany
Abidal
Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta
Silva
Fabregas
Messi

alky313 said:
We would draw 4 times and lose the other 6. Barca began to pick apart the strongest RM side in years. They have no equal. Unless we can buy Xavi and Iniesta.

Valdes
Alves
Pique
Kompany
Abidal
Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta
Silva
Fabregas
Messi

No Hart or Yaya.

rickmcfc said:
alky313 said:

Valdes
Alves
Pique
Kompany
Abidal
Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta
Silva
Fabregas
Messi

No Hart or Yaya.

There is very common misconception that Valdes is poor. He isn't tested very often but there is still a reason why he keeps a considerable amount clean sheets. If you watch the way Barca play with their back 3 in CL, you'll see he's always tinkering with them and covering gaps. He is very good shot stopper and better at distribution (bar the last Clasico). Hart is unfinished as far as I'm concerned.

If I have one big match tomorrow and had to pick, I'd go with Valdes.

As for Yaya and Busquets... It's a toss up. But I would suggest to you that minus the diving antics he is incredible playing in front of the DM's. He has incredible vision in fast paced matches. And like I said before if I need someone to sit deeper and maintain possession while holding a high line (As Barca do) I would use Busquets. When it comes to Hart....

The question you have to ask yourself is whose done it at the highest stage so far.

rickmcfc said:
No Hart or Yaya.
The requirement to be a Barca keeper is exceptional distribution. Joe wouldn't be a Barca keeper even though he's an excellent shot stopper.

Busquets became favoured over Yaya at Barca. Some think it was 'politics' as Busquets is Spanish.

Barca have essentially played with 3 in the back for the last year minus major matches and even so they have used a similar formula. Busquets is better at protecting the counter. But I don't debate that Yaya is better going forward. This isn't FIFA 12.

Win one (maybe) draw one (maybe) and lose the other 8.

Look how Real fare against Barca these days..

Barca would win at least 8 of them. We are good, but they are one of the best teams ever to have graced Earth.

played them twice, opening match of stadium freindly and city won 2-1, and in nou camp for the forest gump trophy 3 years ago and won 1-0, 100% record !
a competetive match with meaning would be very interesting with where we are now, and i look forward to that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.