City V Barcelona

inbetween said:
Thing is they are similar to us, the only team similar to their style of play in the world is us so why couldn't we win at least half? The only thing that makes Barca really special is Messi, he's a gamewinner and sets them apart from the rest. If we could stifle Messi and control midfield we'd take them apart, a lot of teams try to contain them and it doesn't work.

You can't show them any respect or they'll keep the ball and pick you off when you come out to them. Playing with the discipline of a saint there is no reason we couldn't at least score against them, their defence isn't exactly the best.. It's how many they might score that's the problem.

I hope we get them next year because i don't believe they are that good, they just have no equal and we will be the closest thing to it, Real are coming round to playing the Mourinho way and to be honest he hasn't got it right yet and he often employs tactics against Barca which revolve around everything but putting the ball in the net.

Silva for me on his day is easily better than Iniesta, he is a more mobile version and Yaya on his day is on par with Xavi. Like i said their trump card is Messi, he is the only game changing player we just don't have and unfortunately never will, he's a player in his own league.

OMG!!! So many errors in one post.

ilovefotball said:
inbetween said:
Thing is they are similar to us, the only team similar to their style of play in the world is us so why couldn't we win at least half? The only thing that makes Barca really special is Messi, he's a gamewinner and sets them apart from the rest. If we could stifle Messi and control midfield we'd take them apart, a lot of teams try to contain them and it doesn't work.

You can't show them any respect or they'll keep the ball and pick you off when you come out to them. Playing with the discipline of a saint there is no reason we couldn't at least score against them, their defence isn't exactly the best.. It's how many they might score that's the problem.

I hope we get them next year because i don't believe they are that good, they just have no equal and we will be the closest thing to it, Real are coming round to playing the Mourinho way and to be honest he hasn't got it right yet and he often employs tactics against Barca which revolve around everything but putting the ball in the net.

Silva for me on his day is easily better than Iniesta, he is a more mobile version and Yaya on his day is on par with Xavi. Like i said their trump card is Messi, he is the only game changing player we just don't have and unfortunately never will, he's a player in his own league.

Errors? Why? We made Premier League history against Stoke with the most passes of any side in one game in nearly a decade, they didn't have a single shot and we had possession of 95% i saw at one point?? All of that was down to Yaya, he is an OUTSTANDING player, he gets absolutely no credit on here, don't forget he's won a Champions League with who... yes Barca. Xavi is probably the best dictator of play in the world, but he has not got the adaptability Yaya has and is also the wrong side of 30.

Don't get me started on Iniesta, would you rather have Iniesta over Silva?? I know i wouldn't.

We have scored more goals than anyone else this season as it stands by 11 and have a variety of 2-3 top goalscorers, same again for assists. How does that not bare any similarity in fact we can better that. Take Messi out of Barca and what do you have? Where do the goals come from? Villa has broken his leg so who is their next top goalscorer?? Would it surprise you that they have NONE in the top 10 apart from Messi, whereas we have 3!! How is he not the most important player in the Barca squad, he is to them what Carlos Tevez was to us last year.

Barca play under an illusion that they are an invincible team, i'm sorry but they have played 16 games in La Liga and won 11 of them. Not exactly the return you would expect from the best team in the world playing every week against teams that would struggle in the Championship.

We play in a far superior league to La Liga, it is absolute bollocks that Barca are completely invincible, the stats do not lie. They made an average United side last year look like the team they really are in the Champions League final and we made them look a damn sight worst on their own pitch.

The stats do not lie, we could beat Barca and if you think we can't you must not have seen any of the football we have played this year.

BTW, on Yaya - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2705370,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 70,00.html</a>

Nearly 200 passes more than anyone else in the league with the highest accuracy of anyone else, TOP player.

inbetween said:
ilovefotball said:
inbetween said:

Errors? Why? We made Premier League history against Stoke with the most passes of any side in one game in nearly a decade, they didn't have a single shot and we had possession of 95% i saw at one point?? All of that was down to Yaya, he is an OUTSTANDING player, he gets absolutely no credit on here, don't forget he's won a Champions League with who... yes Barca. Xavi is probably the best dictator of play in the world, but he has not got the adaptability Yaya has and is also the wrong side of 30.

Don't get me started on Iniesta, would you rather have Iniesta over Silva?? I know i wouldn't.

We have scored more goals than anyone else this season as it stands by 11 and have a variety of 2-3 top goalscorers, same again for assists. How does that not bare any similarity in fact we can better that. Take Messi out of Barca and what do you have? Where do the goals come from? Villa has broken his leg so who is their next top goalscorer?? Would it surprise you that they have NONE in the top 10 apart from Messi, whereas we have 3!! How is he not the most important player in the Barca squad, he is to them what Carlos Tevez was to us last year.

Barca play under an illusion that they are an invincible team, i'm sorry but they have played 16 games in La Liga and won 11 of them. Not exactly the return you would expect from the best team in the world playing every week against teams that would struggle in the Championship.

We play in a far superior league to La Liga, it is absolute bollocks that Barca are completely invincible, the stats do not lie. They made an average United side last year look like the team they really are in the Champions League final and we made them look a damn sight worst on their own pitch.

The stats do not lie, we could beat Barca and if you think we can't you must not have seen any of the football we have played this year.

BTW, on Yaya - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2705370,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 70,00.html</a>

Nearly 200 passes more than anyone else in the league with the highest accuracy of anyone else, TOP player.

The points i disagreed with you are as followed:

1) '' the only team similar to their style of play in the world is us''- Mancity don't play similar to Barca. Your team plays very different style than ours and in fact there are other teams who play more similarly. Don't accept the sky sport commentator's view as a fact.

2)'' The only thing that makes Barca really special is Messi''.- Not true at all. alves and his running up and down the pitch makes us special too. The way Busquets bind the defence and midfield together and the way he frees himself from his marker by his first touch, so that he can pass forward also makes us special. We have Xavi and Iniesta in the team, arguably the best CM pairing in the histoy of the football. Their partnership makes us special, too. Pep Guardiola also makes us special, his contribution to this side is very underrated.

3)''Silva for me on his day is easily better than Iniesta, he is a more mobile version ''- Silva isn't easily better than Iniesta. Iniesta is the better player and he constantly performs in the biggest matches.

4)''Yaya on his day is on par with Xavi''- I don't even want to debate on this.

BTW, i never said abything about Barca vs Mancity. It's a hypothetical question and anything can happen in a football match. I never said anything about Barca being invincible. We can and is beaten by teams.

4)

inbetween said:

LOL, not even as good as Busquets for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.