City v Boro post match

How good was it to see negredo back thought he was a top player in his short time at city the beast.

Just got in from the game had a few sherbets and can't be bothered reading all the FIFA 17 expert drama queens , first half we played some nice stuff and just needed the ball to drop for us in the area eventually Kun poached a good goal from KDB brilliant cross , 2nd half Boring Boro came out to make a game of it but Kun & KDB missed good chances to put the game to bed and we get hit with the injury time sucker punch which i was half expecting with our recent luck at home. In hindsight would have liked Vinny and Fernando(if he was on the bench) to come on for the last 15 minutes and take the 1-0 win , either way disappointing 2nd half and we need to learn to kill the lesser sides off , but Boro will take points off title rivals they are well organised (but you wouldnt want to watch them every week would you but smoggies are easily pleased , actually thought they had won a trophy with their celebration at the end). Expect the Candle lighters to go top tomorrow and claim their November Premiership title , i would rather have the real thing in May.

I guess we'll have to disagree on the football part. I think it's sublime. No one can keep that high energy, pressing up for 90 minutes and of course there's been noticeable down periods usually in the 2nd half but on the whole it's been sensational to watch. Its so so noticeable after midweek games but as I keep rabbiting on about, if we'd convert the chances we would win by cricket scores. It's easy for some to forget that Peps new to City, with a new style that players aren't familiar with, in a new league and has inherited players who are simply not his choice. I wholeheartedly agree with you on the rest, the future is bright and it will be one hell of a title fight. I am sick of hearing the media saying Maureen needs time but yet Pep is supposed to get it right immediately even though Maureen has managed in the PL before and Pep hasn't.

Don't get me wrong I can see the progress and after last seasons turgid crap I am excited about the future and for this season although I think the 10 wins raised everyone's expectations without really thinking too much about the clear issues we still have and that Pep is new to this league and he is making the odd mistake along the way too.

Tuesday was sublime though and if we are within 4/5 of the top after our December fixtures I will be very optimistic.

We/he will find a way to beat these negative anti football teams that frankly are boring the life out of me at home.

2 more transfer windows, more experience for the younger players and we will be the best we have ever been, I am sure of that. This season there will be ups and downs though I think.

Really disappointed that we conceded at the death, however i'm more disappointed with some of our supporters including Paul Lake on radio Manchester who expected us to walk this game 3 or 4 nil
It was never going to be easy as Boro are a difficult side to break down and for us it was always going to be a hangover match following the effort and emotion of Tuesday

Onto the team selection and I was perplexed
Silva, DeBrune and Gundogan cannot play in the same team when the opposition defend deep. Navas was never the man for today and neither was Clichy
Chances were always going to be at a premium, so what was required was players who can get us a goal, so either Sterling or Nolito should have started. If one or both was not fit to start then Kelechi should have been in, at the expense of Gundogan
In tight games we require our full backs to overlap or make runs forward into the opposition penalty area to get behind their defense and also to create space for our more creative players. Zabba did this on numerous occasions, but only the one time in 85 minutes did Navas actually find a City player in the box (and it was a shocking miss from Aguero)
Meanwhile on the other side of the field, Clichy got a nosebleed if he went withing 40 yards of Boro's penalty area

Oh shit we are 3rd best (defensive record)
That surprises me to be honest, although I notice we are joint 3rd with two other teams and we have conceded 2x as many as Spurs.

Anyway it matters not. The point is we are not going to win the league if we can't keep a clean sheet more than once in a blue moon. Our defending is simply not good enough. Yes we can moan about not taking our chances but sometimes against a well organised defence this will happen.

That surprises me to be honest, although I notice we are joint 3rd with two other teams and we have conceded 2x as many as Spurs.

Anyway it matters not. The point is we are not going to win the league if we can't keep a clean sheet more than once in a blue moon. Our defending is simply not good enough. Yes we can moan about not taking our chances but sometimes against a well organised defence this will happen.

The problem for Spurs is they cannot win either

This, if you can only score one after 90 mins, do all you can to close out the game like Leicester last year, that said boro are stuffy bastards :-)

Didn't take our chances, usual story pretty much every game this season. A worrying problem to be honest.

I can see what Navas does for the team but I honestly cannot understand why we are playing him when we have Sane and Nolito on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.