City v Boro post match

Manchester City have now gone three league games at home without a win for the first time since 2010.

Don't worry though as we have no problem at home i'm told...

This is not going to go down well with some but we have an issue with Silva. A wonderful player, one of our greats, BUT...if Kun doesn't score a bagful we have a problem.
Ilkay wasn't bought as a goal scorer but has done very well lately, Ferna is our pivot, so we are looking for goals from our forward thinking midfielders. In that respect Silva is useless. He simply has to score far, far more from that position.
If you look at Barca goals come from their front three. We get goals from Kun, some from Kev and none from David. He'll have to improve on this or I fear he may go the same way as Joe.

And what would Kompany have done? We dropped two points because we created 25+ goal scoring opportunities but only put away one and Gael Clichy made an error leading to a thoroughly undeserved 92 minute equaliser. That's it.

You can analyse and speculate til the cows come home, but at the end of the day we didn't take our chances and were punished for it.

But the last three home league games have ended identically. Not with a 92nd min equaliser but with us battering teams and ending up with one point. We have never been a team that has made the fans feel comfortable at 1-0. The longer we go with a 1-0 lead the feeling up among the FOCs of CBL3 is that we need a couple more to ease our breathing! We should be shutting up shop and emulating for the last fifteen minutes what Boro did for the first 45. Top teams who are having a poorish kind of match but have a 1-0 seem to be able to accomplish that aspect of game management relatively easily. Let's have ten back and challenging players on the ball, and not allowing them to do a few tricks, a few passes and wander into oceans of space without let or hindrance. I am delighted that Guardiola is here because it means potentially even more progress over the coming seasons, but a subversive thought did cross my mind as I was stuck in that tarmac jungle they call the Blue Car Park was that a Mancini team would have seen that game out at 1-0.

But the last three home league games have ended identically. Not with a 92nd min equaliser but with us battering teams and ending up with one point. We have never been a team that has made the fans feel comfortable at 1-0. The longer we go with a 1-0 lead the feeling up among the FOCs of CBL3 is that we need a couple more to ease our breathing! We should be shutting up shop and emulating for the last fifteen minutes what Boro did for the first 45. Top teams who are having a poorish kind of match but have a 1-0 seem to be able to accomplish that aspect of game management relatively easily. Let's have ten back and challenging players on the ball, and not allowing them to do a few tricks, a few passes and wander into oceans of space without let or hindrance. I am delighted that Guardiola is here because it means potentially even more progress over the coming seasons, but a subversive thought did cross my mind as I was stuck in that tarmac jungle they call the Blue Car Park was that a Mancini team would have seen that game out at 1-0.
I was thinking the same about seeing out a 1-0 we never seem to be able to do this, Leicester won loads 1-0 last season, we need to learn to do the same at 1-0 at 90 mins :-)

This is not going to go down well with some but we have an issue with Silva. A wonderful player, one of our greats, BUT...if Kun doesn't score a bagful we have a problem.
Ilkay wasn't bought as a goal scorer but has done very well lately, Ferna is our pivot, so we are looking for goals from our forward thinking midfielders. In that respect Silva is useless. He simply has to score far, far more from that position.
If you look at Barca goals come from their front three. We get goals from Kun, some from Kev and none from David. He'll have to improve on this or I fear he may go the same way as Joe.
Doesn't help that he won't shoot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.