City v Boro post match

Until we see how we handle the top 4 the juries out for me mate.
What happened to the good old days beating all comers by 4 on a regular basis playing fast exciting direct football before we started to play walk it in the net ?

Teams used to come to play. With the quality we now have, trying to outplay us would result in the goals being scored again. I would say about 15-16 teams will park the bus at the Etihad every season now. We have to find a route past it. We did and are creating several good chances per game against these types of teams, but not scoring them is hurting us.

So, let me get this straight - he's slow, not good at one-on-one defending, fails to block crosses but he's got a decent left foot.

Fucking lol.
World class left foot mate.

And... is composed on the ball. Makes killer passes that other players can make. Reads the game. And is positionally sound (when not far upfield - but in those instances someone needs to cover for him).

As I've said - he's a defensive liability overall, but contributes tremendously going forward - and, if we're not pressed, will kill the opposition with his passing whether at fullback or CB.

Last edited:
It started with an extremely lucky deflection off Garcia in midfield that went straight to their man. He then puts a belting ball in and Clichy is completely flat footed. Bad luck, a great cross and an individual mistake. Shit happens and ive said, both full back positions are the absolute priority for this side next summer.

Fully agree. The only thing that I would add is that Boro had a player willing to bust a gut to get on the end of the cross, and he got his reward.

We need players with a similar mentality at both ends of the pitch and we absolutely don't have them.

I know this isn't relevant to our game but just watching the dippers, Watford are so open it's unreal, could have been 5 down already - whereas when they come to us they will sit 10 behind the ball.

Not like dippers aren't a decent side so why does the Watford manager commit suicide by being open against them?

World class left foot mate.

And... is composed on the ball. Makes killer passes that other players cannot make. Reads the game. And is positionally sound (when not far upfield - but in those instances someone needs to cover for him).

As I've said - he's a defensive liability overall, but contributes tremendously going forward - and, if we're not pressed, will kill the opposition with his passing whether at fullback or CB.
He's fucking shite.

We all know Kola's faults but I think the only defender Pep has given more minutes to so far is Stones so you can LOL all you like Rammy.
He was trying to sell him before the Turkey issues pre-season.

Well, then you ought to be among our coaching staff. Clearly Pep could benefit from your insight.

Uh, remind me again why he's fucking shite.
For all the issues you listed above. Just because he hits a few hollywood cross field balls doesn't make him a decent player for christ's sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.