City v Bournemouth post match

Great post. Hits the nail firmly on the head. Peps system isn't facilitating goals. You can call it which way you like but it ain't working and without prolific goal scoring we are up shit creak.

He HAS to sort this.
alexis-sanchez-arsenal-screenshot_1l88lnsetpakszmgsecaxdi5d.jpg

What is really wrong with our attack? Why are we struggling to score.

I think one of the main reasons is that we don't shoot enough, especially when we have the ball in a good position at the edge of the box. We try to work it into a great position which is really hard against a team with everyone behind the ball. One of the main weaknesses of the parked bus is that the majority of the time the goalkeeper struggles to see the ball when it's near the penalty area. Any shot that goes through the legs of the first defender, goes round him or deflects slightly off him has great chance of going in. Even larger deflections can have a good result , just like Sterling's winning goal on Saturday.

Got what we deserved ultimately. We showed some great class in possession and some grit when needed. Especially after conceeding to that goal, I don't think anything could have stopped the hit but again our organization in defence has to be looked at, seems haphazard and last ditch a lot of the time.

Looked very much to me that Danilo could have, if he hadn't turned his back and ducked out of the way.

We're a very dominant team, and the lesser teams will always park the bus in the hope of getting a point. Counter-intuitively, I think we'll score more against teams who fancy they are in with a chance. The challenge for Pep is to play in such a way that tempts the opposition to come onto us a bit and leave space at the back, but if the score are level and the opposition is disciplined, this is hard. The best way of doing this, of course, is to score first, make them chase the game and got them on the break.

But I've got to say, I'm delighted to be shooting late goals in close matches. It's a good habit.

What is really wrong with our attack? Why are we struggling to score. It's like De Ja Vu again from last year. Chelsea just beat Everton 2-0 and we struggled to score against them for 82 minutes. Liverpool are up 2-0 against Arsenal. Man United already scored 10 goals and last were 2 against the Foxes. We have only scored 5 goals and 1 of them is an OG, so basically only 4 goals and we worked really hard to score them

Are we facing the same dilemma of teams parking the bus everytime they play us and working for a draw? Or do we actually have a problem up front.

Honestly I am worried that we will lost at home to Liverpool if we continue to miss chances or struggle to score and then against Chelsea and Man United as well. And we look a bit shaky at the back during counter attacks which seems the flavor of the day for any team that plays against us.

We need to find a way to kill a game in the first half and not wait till the last 10 minutes everytime. The Liverpool game will be the real test to our defence, I hope Pep would have sorted us out by then. If we lose that game, I believe we will have a repeat to last year and finish 3rd of 4th. I am praying for a win and a fantastic show, but I am also holding my breath and hoping we don't lose

Looked very much to me that Danilo could have, if he hadn't turned his back and ducked out of the way.

It was a good hit. Rather than individual defending on that one, the problem for me for their goal was not about the actual end product but the way we started the game which was frankly atrocious. If you allow a team to build pressure then they may well score and that's what happened. It took us 20 minutes to wake up on Saturday and we could easily have been 2-0 down at least by that time. That bit more me was the most disappointing part of Saturday. After that the effort was superb to get back in it and force a win. I wasn't overly impressed with the second half performance which was very average and we still have too many sloppy moments in defence, them hitting the post and having a good chance in the 94th minute being examples.

The most pleasing aspect is the effort which has been top notch so far. I'm not sure that has always been the case in the last 3 seasons.

That bodes well for the season because I have always been a believer that if you match sides for effort then your quality will prevail, as it did at Brighton.

There is still work in progress though and I think I will be 8-10 games in before we see the side playing more fluently with players bedded in. It's a pity we play some of the big sides during that time because we could get caught out before we hit the form.

Just read that de Bruyne scored 11 goals in his first 12 PL games.

Would like to see him further forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.