City v Bournemouth post match

I thinks it's worth mentioning Ederson. I feel a lot more confident with him in goal, my only concern is him coming out for crosses but he took the sting out of a dangerous cross with considerable ease in the 2nd half when they applied a little pressure. He made a great save from Defoe first half and looks calm and composed and great with his feet. Early days but I'm really impressed.

Just read that de Bruyne scored 11 goals in his first 12 PL games.

Would like to see him further forward.

It seems to me that when KdB and/or Silva are pushed forward in the first half of games against packed defences they play too many dinky short balls, one - twos that are easy to cut out, or try to thread passes through the eye of a needle and generally struggle to open up defences. I would prefer to see De Bruyne concentrate on stretching defences and whipping in crosses early on.

In the 2nd half, when the opposition tires and the game opens up, he seems to be much more effective when pushed forward.

This could go in so many threads (referees, Sterling, etc etc) but, as the Bishop said to the actress, I'll stick it in here. Apparently, this is the official UEFA ruling on goal celebrations;

DIOCfWLXgAAijgx.jpg

If that is in fact correct, what exactly did Raheem get his second yellow card for? Answers on a postcard to PGMOL....

Point number 1 is the killer. Ambiguous ruling with the ref's 'opinion' thrown in. No right or wrong.

I thinks it's worth mentioning Ederson. I feel a lot more confident with him in goal, my only concern is him coming out for crosses but he took the sting out of a dangerous cross with considerable ease in the 2nd half when they applied a little pressure. He made a great save from Defoe first half and looks calm and composed and great with his feet. Early days but I'm really impressed.
Agreed. Couldn't do anything about the goal and didn't put a foot wrong all game. It's because of this he's not in the headlines which is exactly what we want.

Found this on Twitter, FA rules are slightly different:

Still the wrong decision of course.

With those rules above you could argue the entire team should of been booked as well but they weren't.

Dean chose to punish Sterling and my question would be, why do it in the last second of the game when he knows full well the player did it because of the emotion involved and why also do it when he knew full well the result would be that Sterling would be sent off.

If Dean wanted to be consistent, he would of sent off two Bournemouth players ages before that, one for a reckless tackle and the other for a last man foul which he decided was a yellow instead of a red, there he chose to be lenient. In our case though he chose to be as harsh as possible so it doesn't make sense for anyone to say what the letter of the law is because Dean decided at certain points he wasn't following those laws.

With those rules above you could argue the entire team should of been booked as well but they weren't.

Dean chose to punish Sterling and my question would be, why do it in the last second of the game when he knows full well the player did it because of the emotion involved and why also do it when he knew full well the result would be that Sterling would be sent off.

If Dean wanted to be consistent, he would of sent off two Bournemouth players ages before that, one for a reckless tackle and the other for a last man foul which he decided was a yellow instead of a red, there he chose to be lenient. In our case though he chose to be as harsh as possible so it doesn't make sense for anyone to say what the letter of the law is because Dean decided at certain points he wasn't following those laws.

Nicely put. Spot on.

Looked very much to me that Danilo could have, if he hadn't turned his back and ducked out of the way.
It was far enough away and at a good enough angle where the keeper would be able to see it and deal with it instead of deflecting it in a random direction is why I feel Danilo didn't block it. The ball literally had to be hit perfectly to go where it did and leave Ederson unable to catch or punch it.

Sometimes a goal is very good. This was a very good goal.

It was far enough away and at a good enough angle where the keeper would be able to see it and deal with it instead of deflecting it in a random direction is why I feel Danilo didn't block it. The ball literally had to be hit perfectly to go where it did and leave Ederson unable to catch or punch it.

Sometimes a goal is very good. This was a very good goal.

But if he had just turned his back without ducking down it should have been blocked. In my honest opinion.

But if he had just turned his back without ducking down it should have been blocked. In my honest opinion.
And potentially deflected in a random direction. I don't doubt it's your honest opinion. We simply don't know where the ball would have ended up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.