City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

Poor performance tonight , especially Mangala, Gundogan and Stones. However, Stones deserves some slack as he is coming back from injury and has overall had an excellent season.

Tempo and passing was too slow, especially later on against a packed defence. But credit to City for sticking to their beliefs and never giving up with another late winner.

Will have to play a lot better against the Dippers.

I think your last statement is a given.

Good come back, we’re patient despite some players being very poor for our standards.

Credit to Bristol, they were good and better to watch than 90% of the teams who’ve come to the Eithad in the Prem this season.

No credit to our fans. Attendance was poor, noise was poor, attitude was poor. That’s rubber stamped it now, 100%, the Singing Section is in the wrong fucking place and shame on the club for giving us that pitiful joke of an area!

Swap Ederson & Otamendi for Bravo & Mangala, Dinho for Yaya & we start to flow again. Our play is too slow & jittery with those three tonight.

Easy to say this, but how many blocks did they get in ? They defended very well, bodies on the line.

Some shite posted on this thread tonight because people didn't get their expected 4-0 win, and some stupid comments about our own players, I'm not going to try and counter them, because I know how I feel, and I thought most did us proud. For me, I thought we played pretty well, not our best obviously, but its a makeshift team, and against a tough side, we kept going right to the end (again), and took the victory we (just) deserved.

We rarely draw, and hardly ever lose (33 domestic games now without defeat), and I'm confident we won't lose down there.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to win every game 4-0. However, at the same time, you cannot deny that a degree of the wastefulness which plagued us last season, is creeping back into our game.

There were moments tonight, against Burnley and even recent PL games where the decision making has been lacking. I'm talking about players taking that extra touch and taking the wrong option which ultimately allows the defender to get a block in.

For a competition that is our 4th priority we just about did enough. Mangala would be out of place in Division 2. I don't see a player in Bernardo

horrible 2nd leg now, they can easily steal it. Pep's worst selection since 2016.[/QUOTEN]
No way can they easily beat us despite their showing today.

We got a win and that is all that matters, team appearing in four competitions with one healthy striker is a miracle in itself. If Pep had selected the best eleven for every game since start of the season we would have been losing games by now after running the team into the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.