cITY v Bury 1997/98

The attendance would have been around 8,000 that night and i bet that at least 80% of the attendance were blues. I only live down the road so it was great.

Sol Viva, oh dear mate! It was the Roxy Roller Disco before that.

Leicester at home when we lost 1-0 was appauling, that game should never have started! The ball was just stopping on the flanks and the pitch was covered in water. Everyone in the Kippax was wearing ponchos that were handed out. I think they had the premier league logos on em. happy days!

The Blue Goon said:
The attendance would have been around 8,000 that night and i bet that at least 80% of the attendance were blues. I only live down the road so it was great.

Leicester at home when we lost 1-0 was appauling, that game should never have started! The ball was just stopping on the flanks and the pitch was covered in water. Everyone in the Kippax was wearing ponchos that were handed out. I think they had the premier league logos on em. happy days!

that was the one mate. God they were dark days weren't they.
But strangely enjoyable now you look back hey?

The Blue Goon said:

Fuck me, Sol/Viva, theres a blast from the past. Is that place even still there? I remember the Knowsley before the game was fooking heaving, 80% blues.

Yeah Sol is still there, and i believe still going strong! Why i dont know.

They were dark days mate you're right but i enjoyed them all the same!

The lowest point was getting beat at home by Bury, that took the piss!

The Blue Goon said:

I remember it in the days when it was The Roxy - even went to opening night at Sol/Viva!!

Don't remember the roller disco days though!?!?!?

Yes , it is still going and is still crap although I haven't been in for years!

I think the roller disco was a short lived thing. Matbe tried it and i never took off.

They always played shite music in there though, thats why i started going 5th ave, 42nd street and south.

The Blue Goon said:
Yeah Sol is still there, and i believe still going strong! Why i dont know.

They were dark days mate you're right but i enjoyed them all the same!

The lowest point was getting beat at home by Bury, that took the piss!

Anyone remember the guy who walked to the centre circle and ripped up I assume his S/T then calmly walked back into the Kippax. The Stewards didn't go near him.

i remember that game, must of only been around 11/12, we were awful morley scoring a header on his debut.

would love to see some highlights

Didsbury Dave said:
I remember the roller disco too

So do I. And the Odeon Cinema before it.

Anyway........I worked in City Centre at the time and got on a tram at Picc Gardens coming home from work that night. It was about 515pm and full of Blues. I saw a lad I worked with (a rag) and I told him I would tell all the tram he was a rag. He was absolutely crapping himself all the way to Bury. ;-)

My one abiding memory is getting off at Bury and seeing one Blue giving a piggy back to another Blue as they made their way over to the Knowsley. They were very pissed but loving every second, and was all good hearted. Made me smile to watch them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.