City v Celtic post match

Maybe I misread the article but It seems the CSA are blaming the official observer, who comes from Antrim,
for some kind of conspiracy to stitch up Celtic. Plus a few more digs about the 'Emtihad' etc, etc. They really
seem to have taken losing out to 'ickle City very badly.

http://www.thecsa.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1911&p=6100#p6100

To be fair, once you disregard the tedious "Emtihad" reference, I thought it was reasonably well balanced.

Most of the travelling support was well behaved, and I've seen too many City idiots abroad (Santander being particularly embarrassing) to get too high and mighty.
However, amongst some other offences, Celtic have been charged for an incident in the home end. The author is merely implying that it takes two to tango.

The only irritation is the reference to the UEFA Observer being a Linfield supporter which means fuck all to the majority of City fans, but presumably adds fuel to the anti-Celtic conspiracy fire.

As a Celtic fan I enjoyed the 2 games against man city and thought 2 draws were fair results.I wasn't at the game on Tuesday so can't really comment on what went on between the fans.It seems strange that if there was fighting between the fans then surely both clubs would get reported and maybe man city being the home club and being responsible for ticketing and security would get into trouble with uefa more.Again Celtic are getting done for some idiotic fans setting off flares but at Celtic park I've never seen as many flares as the BMG fans had and they weren't reported so that's another contentious point.The fact that the observer is a linfield fan would be similar to a Palestinian being a "neutral" observer in a game involving an Israeli team.I certainly don't agree with Irish rebel songs getting sung by Celtic fans but they always have been and obviously they are sung more by the hardcore travelling fans especially in England with a lot of fans pretty drunk.Not all republicans are Celtic fans and not all Celtic fans are republican.People in England probably don't realise how many Protestant Celtic fans we have and thankfully we've always signed Protestant players from day 1.For Celtic we've come on a great deal since last season and when Brendan Rodgers brings in a few more players we will be even better next season.I would like to keep patrick Roberts but he wouldn't have been playing if Sinclair had been fit so I don't think he will become a regular with you.
Obviously on a man city forum there will be a certain bias towards man city and most man city fans on here are sound,however you do get the usual arragance from some about Celtic being the standard of a mid table English championship team so just to remind you that the team who knocked out a top 10 English EPL side Southampton tonight was a team Celtic knocked out of the CL qualifiers scoring 5 against them at Celtic park.As for the comments about the Lisbon lions winning the European cup in 67 during a time it was easy to win the cup well it's not saying much or the standard of the old English division 1 at the time because only one English team won the European cup uo o '77 and in the late '60's man city had a wonderful team one of your best ever so your denigrating that team as well with your comments.

I don't have problems with Celtic or decent supporters of any club, but please don't talk about arrogance when we have had a surfeit of condescension aimed at our club from balloons who then aim to deflect blame for their actions onto others. I'm sure there were City fans weren't exactly innocent but maybe you can tell me what the reaction would be to anyone wearing rival colours and winding up locals in Glasgow.

Anything Celtic or Rangers did years ago means as much to me as the trophies purchased by the rags or Liverpool. They and Celtic are shadows of what they once were and all the derision they receive now from rivals is nothing more than well earned payback.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.