City v Chelsea (fa cup. 5 th round ) post match thread

Balti said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:
Both Mourinho and Pellegrini said that City's postponed game had a key impact on today's game

I agree. It's something most fans dismiss and it's very populist statement that players should be able to play twice a week.

Very noticeable that City looked physically stronger all over the pitch

I'm sure it helped; as did Pellegrini's team selection and tactics but I think the most crucial factor was actually taking one of our early chances: has we done that in theleague game, it would have ended up looking a lot more like today's game.

Every City player had a good game tonight and I don't believe that was all down to them being fresher.

Very satisfying win.

team selection so much better tonight

We had a wider selection of players available tonight.

If Javi or Ferna had been fit for the first game, it would have meant we wouldn't have had to play Demichelis as a DM, and this in turn would have allowed YaYa freer reign, thereby meaning that their three defensive midfielders wouldn't have been able to roam forward as much.

stony said:
Chelsea fans on the shed end forum are trying to convince each other that they threw the game so they can concentrate on winning the league.
Jesus fucking wept.

How embarrassing. Personally, love the FA Cup and am gutted we aren't in the next round, but 45 years of support - I've seen enough disappointments to move on....

Zolas Right Boot said:
Marvin said:
Zolas Right Boot said:
Yes mate we were made to look ordinary today. No problem, we leave the FA Cup earlier than in recent seasons, so we'll concentrate on the prem and the UCL only now.

Thought your lot played extremely well today. Silva was excellent again and Toure clealy up for it. We didn't show up, or weren't allowed to. Don't think we actually managed one shot on target, which was poor.

As for the biggest game of the season: nah! That was a couple of weeks ago in the league...! In terms of allocation: we have enough "tourists" to sell out what we're given. In this case 6200 ish. Surprised to see so many empty seats in your east and west stands, not like it was expensive.

KTBFFH!
There were more empty seats in the Upper Tier of your end. About 50 altogether. Don't know what the story was there. The empty seats you must refer to in the City end was the Director's/Hospitality Box? To your left?

This is just point-scoring. Compared to the other FA Cup games, great turnout from City and Chelsea.

Chelsea were very poor today. And every City player was right on their game. I think City's midweek postponement was a stroke of luck but not full story

In the recent League game, Chelsea were very good on the counter, but it also has to be said that City were missing a lot of players and players went into that game with injuries.

I know Chelsea are top, but City are a better team in my book. City lost a lot of early away points and have had a lot of injury problems eg Kompany, Aguero, Nasri, and Jovetic who has missed nearly all the season.

I think Mourinho should shut up. I am sure you find all is comments very entertaining but what good does it serve. Just motivates his opponents. He's a bit out of order with his comments about the ref Dowd today

Yeah big block of empty seats half way down on our left, but looked like lots of twos and threes dotted about. Maybe you northerners are rich enough to buy tickets and not show up for a small team.....we are, after all, the second biggest team in Fulham ;)

Mourinho is an enigma, after the other week I was beginning to believe the hype, tonight I am not so sure. I didn't really want him back cos last time he was scared to death of losing and it became frigging boring to watch week in, week out. The comments are sometimes funny, sometimes not. For sure it motivates the opposition - which is a risky strategy.

good job you cockneys never have any empty seats with your much smaller capacity

still thats pretty good considering the 10K you used to get x

City were too strong today for Chelsea. Pellegrini got his selections spot on and the usual suspects all stood out: Kompany, Yaya and Silva. Garcia and Jovetic also did their jobs well. Mikel and Matic could not cope. It's the sort of performance I prefer over a 4-2 win. This was a complete victory and I don't remember Chelsea having a single chance. That being said things would have been more interesting if Mourinho had not overplayed his players leading up to this game. They could not use their pressing game like they had in the league game. Taking off Etoo for Salah was a mistake, because the lad was not ready, Oscar should have come on earlier and Ramires should not have started or if he did then instead of Mikel. Milner put in a good shift as you would expect and Clichy put his pace to good work. Made a number of key interceptions and dominated the Chelsea right/City left.

If I was a City fan would want Arsenal to win tomorrow, because the only tie I would be worried about (barring fixture congestion is Liverpool away).

Trying to decide if I would trade this win as against last Monday, and I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't

Last week with Milner, Garcia and Fernandinho unavailable MPs hands were tied tactically. Sure we lost 3 points, but convert our game in hand and were ahead of them again - and they are out of the cup, plus we have a boost going into Tuesday.

bigf42 said:
Trying to decide if I would trade this win as against last Monday, and I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't

Last week with Milner, Garcia and Fernandinho unavailable MPs hands were tied tactically. Sure we lost 3 points, but convert our game in hand and were ahead of them again - and they are out of the cup, plus we have a boost going into Tuesday.

Indeed.

In fact, if we win all our remaining league games, we will be Champions, regardless of what Chelsea, l'Arse, red dippers or even the mighty Trafford scum bags do.

didnt see game,was in work, but did see the first goal on break, a cracker from jov highlights showed one way traffic total city dominance.

thought maureen to his credit did say we were better team, speaks truth for a change, better than the usual diarrhoea he speaks

El Ingeniero de Noruega said:
And sheik monsour can add anorher £180,000 for fifth Round proper winner.

excellent
better than some yank or russkie

I went today with my daughter. Had a great day. The one thing that got me from when the teams came out and lined up around the center circle was the Chelsea fans still singing thru the minutes silence for Sir Billy Wright.
When it eventually went quiet you could hear the shout, "Ahh fuck him . . . who?"
What a disgraceful show by Chelsea fans.
We dont even stoop that low against the rags.
Explain that one Moaninagain or whatever your called.
I forgot to mention that David Silva was a class above.
He ripped off Chelseas head and pissed down their neck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.