City v Chelsea (fa cup. 5 th round ) post match thread

jknight said:
Marvin said:
It wasn't our strongest team.

No Hart, Nasty, Fernandinho or Aguero. That's the spine of the team!

Navas was also on the bench

I agree but other than Hart and Navas weren't all the others injured? I would hardly call playing Milner i(nstead of Navas) and playing our second choice goalkeeper a risk - we were always going to play Pants for a cup game and Milner was a back up to snuff Hazard (which was a tactical selection)
Ferna, Nasty and Aguero were injured, but we also rested Kolarov, Negredo and Nasri.

Our first 11:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Yaya Ferna
Navas/Nasri Aguero Silva
Negredo

How many of them started?

kun said:
jknight said:
Marvin said:
It wasn't our strongest team.

No Hart, Nasty, Fernandinho or Aguero. That's the spine of the team!

Navas was also on the bench

I agree but other than Hart and Navas weren't all the others injured? I would hardly call playing Milner i(nstead of Navas) and playing our second choice goalkeeper a risk - we were always going to play Pants for a cup game and Milner was a back up to snuff Hazard (which was a tactical selection)
Ferna, Nasty and Aguero were injured, but we also rested Kolarov, Negredo and Nasri.

Our first 11:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Yaya Ferna
Navas/Nasri Aguero Silva
Negredo

How many of them started?

Negredo and Nasri were not fit to start - call it rested if you want but Negredo's not looked fit in the last two league games to me . I would have put Clichy ahead of Kolorov against Chelsea and not sure if I would put Nastasic (in his current form) ahead of Lescott either. Other than Pants in for Hart I don't think he picked a weak side out of the players he had available.

I suppose there is always going to be a difference between one person's first eleven and anothers outside of the key players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.