City v Coventry FA Youth Cup

squirtyflower said:
Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:
Not really a problem is it as it was voted down

Exactly.
The world is full of people trying to hold back the march of time

The leagues are full of football suppoters who have just as much right to demand respect for their clubs as we do ours.

Blow by blow of tonight's game - by Coventry newspaper..............

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/happened-manchester-city-u18-8-8448742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/ ... -8-8448742</a>?

FantasyIreland said:
Oh dear.......The Coventry Telegraph are very focused on the money we have spent.

So would i be in their shoes, their owners tried to swindle their way out of paying rent on their ground and they ended up in Northampton, they havent got a pot to piss in and as one of the posts says 15 years ago they were 13th in the PL we were 2nd in Division 1. I dont get why people get upset at us being called moneybags City, its factually correct and its far better than being called financially troubled or debt ridden.

squirtyflower said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
squirtyflower said:
Agree with the championship being well supported but not league 1 & 2 unless a specific game involving a fallen 'giant'

So you think the B teams shouldnt be allowed into the Championship? I would rather our better youth prospects play at that level than below it.
That was one of the things I disagreed with
I thought that they should be allowed to rise as high as the Championship rather than stopping them at league 1

So if the top 5 clubs in the Championship are all B teams, you have 6 and 7th placed getting promoted to the Premier League and 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th in the play offs.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
squirtyflower said:
So you think the B teams shouldnt be allowed into the Championship? I would rather our better youth prospects play at that level than below it.
That was one of the things I disagreed with
I thought that they should be allowed to rise as high as the Championship rather than stopping them at league 1

So if the top 5 clubs in the Championship are all B teams, you have 6 and 7th placed getting promoted to the Premier League and 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th in the play offs.
No, it got thrown out, so it's an academic discussion

FantasyIreland said:
Oh dear.......The Coventry Telegraph are very focused on the money we have spent.

So would i be in their shoes, their owners tried to swindle their way out of paying rent on their ground and they ended up in Northampton, they havent got a pot to piss in and as one of the posts says 15 years ago they were 13th in the PL we were 2nd in Division 1. I dont get why people get upset at us being called moneybags City, its factually correct and its far better than being called financially troubled or debt ridden.

I'm not upset mate,every man and his dog knows we are very fortunate,its fucking old and tedious news......i would just like a report purely based on what happened on the field.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

I'm not upset mate,every man and his dog knows we are very fortunate,its fucking old and tedious news......i would just like a report purely based on what happened on the field.
Exactly, just stick to the facks instead of hackneyed cliches

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

Yeah but to a Cov fan its very much a raw subject, as they are in the process of being fucked over by a bunch of investment bankers and we have the best owner going, so they are bound to make the comparison. I was talking in general rather than you specifically mate, which is why i said people, a lot of fans on here lose the plot if its even mentioned we are now rich. I say we as fans should embrace it more, get worked up over the bigger things like winning things and ignore the small barbs which arent important in the scheme of things.

FantasyIreland said:

Having read the whole report i don't really agree. He wrote a little enviously but there was no bitterness in his tone in my opinion. They just talked about how impressive the facilities are, which they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.