City v CSKA Moscow Post Match Discussion Thread

cleavers said:
coleridge said:
Exactly. Pellers has already fulfilled his first season CL brief. He can go hell for leather in Feb, be that Barca or whoever. But now he's hunting down the Prem title big time. Yes, I am excited. Been a great day to be blue.
It was certainly a pleasure last night, for an hour, its probably the best I've ever seen us play, and CSKA are no mugs.

Also, while there has been some whinging about the atmosphere last night, I know I was far too proud, and busy enjoying what I was watching, than I was worried about making a noise, and at 4-2, for a brief period, there was even that "not again" feeling which made many of us slightly nervous, even though they rarely really threatened.
I thought perhaps it was just too cold but keep in mind I'm a warm-blooded Southerner! ;)

tonea2003 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
moomba said:
Correct. Sorry about that, confused myself.

If we beat Plzen and beat Munich by 3 we'll go through in top spot regardless of how they go in Moscow.

I think??????

Yes big ask tho

A 4-2 or higher two goal margin will give us a better head to head

IF Bayern draw or lose in Moscow and we win at home to Plzen then we can top the group with a win in Munich by ANY MARGIN. Head to head won't come into it.

CITY - played six, won five, lost one, drawn none - 15 pts
Bayern - (LOSE) played six, won four, lost two, drawn none - 12 pts OR (DRAW) played six, won four, lost one, drawn one - 13 pts

But it's a very big IF. Just got to hope for a really bad pitch and some really bad weather in Moscow late November.

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
tonea2003 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Yes big ask tho

A 4-2 or higher two goal margin will give us a better head to head

IF Bayern draw or lose in Moscow and we win at home to Plzen then we can top the group with a win in Munich by ANY MARGIN. Head to head won't come into it.

CITY - played six, won five, lost one, drawn none - 15 pts
Bayern - (LOSE) played six, won four, lost two, drawn none - 12 pts OR (DRAW) played six, won four, lost one, drawn one - 13 pts

But it's a very big IF. Just got to hope for a really bad pitch and some really bad weather in Moscow late November.
hmm, I think Bayern will be hoping for a pitch of any quality, unlike the beach we played on

taconinja said:
cleavers said:
coleridge said:
Exactly. Pellers has already fulfilled his first season CL brief. He can go hell for leather in Feb, be that Barca or whoever. But now he's hunting down the Prem title big time. Yes, I am excited. Been a great day to be blue.
It was certainly a pleasure last night, for an hour, its probably the best I've ever seen us play, and CSKA are no mugs.

Also, while there has been some whinging about the atmosphere last night, I know I was far too proud, and busy enjoying what I was watching, than I was worried about making a noise, and at 4-2, for a brief period, there was even that "not again" feeling which made many of us slightly nervous, even though they rarely really threatened.
I thought perhaps it was just too cold but keep in mind I'm a warm-blooded Southerner! ;)

Tried making a bit of noise down in 111 and got called out by a kid cos, as it turns out, I was chanting alone :-(

Ducado said:
gwt said:
Ducado said:
Apparently this was handed out by CSKA fans tonight

BYVMzjZIMAE-8rf.jpg
Who did they hand them out to mate?

Don't know it was the City reporter from the MEN who tweeted it (Brennan)

I didn't tweet anything of the kind - this is the first I've seen of this. Where do people get these ideas from?

stuart brennan said:
Ducado said:
gwt said:
Who did they hand them out to mate?

I didn't tweet anything of the kind - this is the first I've seen of this. Where do people get these ideas from?

Mike Keegan tweeted it, he got it off Sam Rosbottom of the BlueMoonPodcast who spotted it on a tram IIRC

SrilankanBlue said:
stuart brennan said:
Ducado said:

Mike Keegan tweeted it
I know a guy who knows a guy whos uncle knows a gal who is best friends with this guy who tweeted it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.