City v CSKA Moscow Post Match Discussion Thread

Even if Bayern lose in Moscow we still have to beat them in Munich to get top spot. Score at least three and win by 2 goals.

East Level 2 said:
Lucky Toma said:
East Level 2 said:
Defence was awful, we could have conceded four or five, but our attack and attacking midfield was awesome we could have scored seven or eight.
And just like on Saturday there were some passages of play that might not have led to goals but were still absolutely top class. Just watched the highlights on ITV and they chose not to show that great bit of skill from Alf where he flicked the ball over his head and volleyed just over.
So we're in the knock-out stage after just four games; that's bloody good going for a pot 3 team.
This Tyler bloke seems to have upset a few people. He must be very loud but I couldn't hear him in block 209.

-- Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:44 am --

If only UEFA had a web site explaining it.

You look down on quite a few people from your block dont you.
When appropriate yes.

You can look down on me all you want cause when I look up all I can see is an a....hole

Some of us don't have hours to spend surfing UEFA's website when I hoped I could get a nice friendly response from fellow Bluemooners and, if you care to re-read the replies I received from lots of nice people, not everyone knew the answer either, so I was not alone in my ignorance.

moomba said:
Even if Bayern lose in Moscow we still have to beat them in Munich to get top spot. Score at least three and win by 2 goals.

Not really if they lose in moscow and we win we will be level on points so any win in munich will see us top the group by 3 points.

uwe rosler 28 said:
moomba said:

Not really if they lose in moscow and we win we will be level on points so any win in munich will see us top the group by 3 points.

Correct. Sorry about that, confused myself.

If we beat Plzen and beat Munich by 3 we'll go through in top spot regardless of how they go in Moscow.

I think??????

moomba said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
moomba said:

If we beat Plzen and beat Munich by 3 we'll go through in top spot regardless of how they go in Moscow.

I think??????

Yes big ask tho

cleavers said:
Its also worth remembering we have Spurs, Arsenal, and Liverpool at home in 3 of our next 4 home games, all mixed in with the CL games, not to mention we have 9 games in total in December.

Exactly. Pellers has already fulfilled his first season CL brief. He can go hell for leather in Feb, be that Barca or whoever. But now he's hunting down the Prem title big time. Yes, I am excited. Been a great day to be blue.

coleridge said:
Exactly. Pellers has already fulfilled his first season CL brief. He can go hell for leather in Feb, be that Barca or whoever. But now he's hunting down the Prem title big time. Yes, I am excited. Been a great day to be blue.
It was certainly a pleasure last night, for an hour, its probably the best I've ever seen us play, and CSKA are no mugs.

Also, while there has been some whinging about the atmosphere last night, I know I was far too proud, and busy enjoying what I was watching, than I was worried about making a noise, and at 4-2, for a brief period, there was even that "not again" feeling which made many of us slightly nervous, even though they rarely really threatened.

uwe rosler 28 said:
moomba said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

I think??????

Yes big ask tho

A 4-2 or higher two goal margin will give us a better head to head

cleavers said:
coleridge said:
It was certainly a pleasure last night, for an hour, its probably the best I've ever seen us play, and CSKA are no mugs.

Also, while there has been some whinging about the atmosphere last night, I know I was far too proud, and busy enjoying what I was watching, than I was worried about making a noise, and at 4-2, for a brief period, there was even that "not again" feeling which made many of us slightly nervous, even though they rarely really threatened.

I felt exactly the same, was just thinking typical city.

Thank feck I was wrong. Mrs Rep on the other hand had no doubts at all - then again, she hasn't seen many games lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.