City v CSKA Moscow Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M18SK13 said:
We need to field the strongest team possible tonight.

OK I'm bored in work waiting for the match tonight. Being of the age where some of us still think if it can go wrong, it will go wrong for City, so here goes.....

For what it's worth, I think we will win tonight. But not many seem to appreciate what the situation could be IF it goes tits up tonight.

If Munich win tonight (which they will) they will be on 12 points and will have qualified unless something bizarre happens - they then lose 4-0 or worse to CSKA and the same to us in the last match, CSKA win tonight and against Plzen and we beat Plzen. Three teams on twelve points, Munich go out on head-to-head. This won't happen so Munich are pretty much through.

Now, if we lose 2-1 or worse tonight, CSKA would be ahead of us on head-to-head.

BM 12, CSKA 6, City 6, VP 0

Munich, who have presumably already qualified, send a weakened team to Moscow and draw. City beat Plzen (I'm not that pessimistic).

BM 13, City 9, CSKA 7, VP 0

Final matches. If CSKA beat Plzen, who have nothing to play for. We would then have to beat Munich to qualify, a draw wouldn't be good enough. Munich would field a strong team at home in front of their fans with a chance to take City out.

Win - BM 13, City 12, CSKA 10, VP 0. - Through
Draw - BM 14, CSKA 10, City 10, VP 0. - Out

If we lose 1-0 tonight and Munich draw in Moscow it could go down to goal difference and a draw in Munich might do. If Munich (reserves) lose in Moscow we would probably have to win in Munich.

In glass half full mode: City & Bayern win tonight, we beat Plzen, Bayern send weakened team to Moscow and draw. 0-1 in Munich puts us top of the group.

Tbilisi said:
Are tickets on sale at the ground tonight?

Looks like it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/November/BT-City-Square-pre-CSKA-Moscow-Peter-Reid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... Peter-Reid</a>

Strongest possible team. Comprehensive victory. Assurance of our place in the knock out stages for the first time in our history. Happy days.

r.soleofsalford said:
BillyShears said:
Strongest possible team. Comprehensive victory. Assurance of our place in the knock out stages for the first time in our history. Happy days.

the team that started against norwich

Probably change the full backs

cibaman said:
r.soleofsalford said:
BillyShears said:

the team that started against norwich

Probably change the full backs

Possibly ... I'd be happy with any team which features Yaya/Dinho/Silva/Nasri/Negredo/Aguero. :)

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.