City v Everton Post Match Thread

If you rewind it and look at both replays in the penalty incidents you can see why one was given and one not. On both occasions, the refs position is quite poor. On the first he is a little unsighted by Fernandinho and is quite a way off play. His Linesman gives him no help and we get a rub of the green.

For the second, his position is a little better but initially is unsighted by Naismith. However play rolls forward and he then gets what seems to be a decent view. From the angle he is though, and at real time/full speed, the way Coleman and Zabs come together it seems as there might have been a tug back on Zab's right arm which causes him to give the pen. This impression is given by the way Coleman's left arm clashes with Zab's right arm.

As it transpires (can't say "as it 'appens" anymore!), yep Lukaku is a cast iron pen and Zabs isn't; yet if I was in the same place as the ref on both occasions, I'd more than likely have made the same decisions he made. On this occasion the decisions have gone for us although throughout the whole game John Moss and his team were poor for BOTH sides.

Re: Match Of The Day (Season Finale)

Twunts wanted to nail us from the first comment...fuckin BBC

jrb said:
Just been reading some of the latest comments tonight about our performance and empty seats on Match Of The day.

I gave up watching it a long time ago.

In fact I don't know why any City fans watch it.

It seems the move to Salford, just across from Trafford, has focused minds at BBC Sport.

It's actually much worse than it used to be when it came from London.

they are quite disgusting arent they. i remember some time ago, they aired highlights of one of our games and in the end the pundits were supposed to talk about that game, instead they used that time to talk about uniteds title win.

today, instead of talking in depth about our good moments vs everton, they spoke in great detail about the referee and his work.

west didsblue said:
Can't remember commentary as biased as that for a long time. Just rewound to check who it was. Steve fucking Wilson.

Wasn't it Wilson who did the MOTD QPR game? It's been overlooked due to the eventual outcome but whoever commentated that day was absolutely revelling in our strife until Sergio struck. Watched it many times and always gets me how bizarre the commentary is - someone who seems to be actively enjoying our pain.

That is the last time I watch motd ever unfuckinbelievable who the fuck is Steve Wilson what a twat.

Often I think some City fans are a bit overly sensitive when it comes to perceived bias from commentators, but Wilson's analysis was absurd at times tonight.

Got their attack dog commentator on Joe's case I see. Actually tbf his anti City venom has been expectorated over everything. Another one from the Toxteth Taproom is our Stevie.

Lucky Toma said:
west didsblue said:
Can't remember commentary as biased as that for a long time. Just rewound to check who it was. Steve fucking Wilson.

Wasn't it Wilson who did the MOTD QPR game? It's been overlooked due to the eventual outcome but whoever commentated that day was absolutely revelling in our strife until Sergio struck. Watched it many times and always gets me how bizarre the commentary is - someone who seems to be actively enjoying our pain.
Guy Mowbray the York supporter did the Q.P.R game in 2012 .

Lucky Toma said:
west didsblue said:

On Wikipedia it says he is a Tranmere fan but he was at Hillsborough

Bodicoteblue said:
Milner "got away with it " when he was yellow carded
Their penalty was surely a better claim than ours
Zabaletta went down very easily
Fourth goal would have been "flattering" to City
Makes you wonder!?!
Also no mention or analysis of the pull back on Negredo just before our second goal which should have been a sending off of the Everton player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.