City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The make-or-break decision for tomorrow's game is whether to drop Ya Ya and play Delph and Fernandinho holding, if he plays yaya deep Barclay will be running at our centre halves all night.

We try to win every game of course. But my point is that we should try harder at least in terms of who goes on the field of play to win certain games. The C! cup is a minor competition which should be used to give fringe players a chance. City have put out strong sides to win the competition right from the word go. Nothing wrong with that except with limited resources( I don't agree with the SKY shit that our squad is deeper than others) you are going to encounter difficulties down the line. I fear that this may be our fate this season. The counter argument which is entirely valid as well is that we can and have won both the C1 and the league in the same season. However, I think we were better then and importantly we faced lesser teams in the latter stages. The next game in Europe is far more important than this match against Everton but many on here would not agree. If we go out of Europe one of the contributory factors will be 3 tough games on heavy pitches in this competition following on from excessive amounts of scheduled mid winter football.

Apart from just being injured ahead of tomorrow's game, has there been any update on Mangala's recovery progress??

all depends on who scores first. if city can notch one before interval, well and good. going into 2nd half without a lead might be risky.

I think he'll have Kelechi on the bench and use him at Villa in the FA Cup. My guess is we'll go:
Willy
Sagna/Zab (with the other to play at Villa)
Otamendi
Demichelis
Clichy
Fernandinho
Toure (I'd prefer Delph but Yaya may get a rest again in the FA Cup)
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Aguero

3-1 City

The make-or-break decision for tomorrow's game is whether to drop Ya Ya and play Delph and Fernandinho holding, if he plays yaya deep Barclay will be running at our centre halves all night.

He was rested against Palace, probably with West Ham and Everton in mind. I'd be surprised if he didn't start twice in 3 games. I'd also be surprised to see Delph start 3 games in 11 days, especially given his injury problems his intensity.

Id guess that Yaya will start with one of Fernando and Fernandino, or Fernando and Fernandinho will play in the middle together, with Yaya pushed forward.

Personally, I'd like to see this team:

Willy

Zabaleta
Otamendi
Demichelis
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandino

Navas
Toure
Sterling

Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.