City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would we feel if we beat the bludips , and the reddips , and win the League Cup but we then lose the league title by a couple of points , because we drew / lost the league games , now tht w
Lol neither are Man City

He's back , quite surprising , goons , do not normally show up for a few weeks , after their bi-annual embarrassment against Chelski

I'll never understand the logic of not playing our best keeper.

Fair enough in the earlier rounds of the least important competition we enter it's a chance to rest Joe and give Willy a runout but when we're one victory away from Wembley it becomes an important competition and we should play Joe.

I don't buy into all this it's only fair to keep Willy in the team argument. It's not about being fair it's about us winning.

I'll never understand the logic of not playing our best keeper.

Fair enough in the earlier rounds of the least important competition we enter it's a chance to rest Joe and give Willy a runout but when we're one victory away from Wembley it becomes an important competition and we should play Joe.

I don't buy into all this it's only fair to keep Willy in the team argument. It's not about being fair it's about us winning.

With you on that. Keepers don't need resting unless carrying injuries. backup keepers are a different breed, they know when they sign for a club that they'll be backup and won't play unless there's an injury to the number 1, they've accepted that and are willing to spend a career sat on the bench, therefore i don't see a need to keep the backup happy by giving them cup games. When it gets to the business end of any competition you always play your best team, the keeper situation shouldn't be any different. If you've got two keepers of similar quality like Barca for example than that's understandable, we don't.

With you on that. Keepers don't need resting unless carrying injuries. backup keepers are a different breed, they know when they sign for a club that they'll be backup and won't play unless there's an injury to the number 1, they've accepted that and are willing to spend a career sat on the bench, therefore i don't see a need to keep the backup happy by giving them cup games. When it gets to the business end of any competition you always play your best team, the keeper situation shouldn't be any different. If you've got two keepers of similar quality like Barca for example than that's understandable, we don't.

I think it's more a question of proving that you've got faith in the back-up keeper so that, God forbid, if the first choice gets injured, he's confident as well as match-honed. There is also the question of performance bonuses which, under the Txiki model, forms a significant part of the players' wages.

We will be more competitive when we do.

Like their is competition in theory at least for outfield positions the same should apply to on field as well.

The reality is that a manager will likely settle for one until his form doesn't warrant selection but I have no qualms in giving our number two some cup games.

What I don't like is if we make the final and the number two is available and he has played in all / the majority of the lead up games to the number one keeper and neither is fact should the number one keeper so I disagree with you on that score as its bad for team morale and the individual in question and in fact both keepers if you really look at it so I have a different view to your last statement.

We can beat Liverpool and should beat Liverpool assuming we get there with or without the keeper who has helped to get us there.

We are in a vulnerable position largely due to poor marking and a lack of work rate but we have the chance tonight to rectify that.

Guessing Everton will line up like

Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Lennon Barkley Cleverley
Lukaku​
I think they'll go like this:

Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry Cleverly
Lennon/Deloufou Lukaku Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.